The Brit Pack Presents : the Pastel Parade

By Gem - 10:40:00

My last Brit Pack post was an outfit post but as a girl who wears mainly black a pastel theme is a little tricky for me. I am now the owner of a glittery mint jumper but that didn't arrive until last night so I thought I would share a post about what I'm obsessing over at the moment, homeware. I'm moving house (sorry to keep going on about it) in a few weeks time and I've been looking at items to spruce the place up.

My boyfriend and his friends have been living in the house for a few years. The others have all moved on now but the house still feels like a bachelor pad. There really wasn't a feminine touch to the house before I met Martyn and I've slowly been filling the place with useful things like a little bin in the bathroom and adding some colour with new bedding. Now that I'm moving in I want to add my stamp on the place and make it feel like our home.

Martyn's bunny called Buttons has ripped some wallpaper and I want to paint my bedroom but there's not much major work or repairs that needs to be done so now I'm getting all excited about soft furnishings and I'm going to go for a pastel colour theme in my dressing room/guest room and in the kitchen. I've already got a lot of things in these colours so I won't need to get much but it would be great to have some items that we have bought together for the house.

pastels homeware

Flowers - BHS, throw, fairy lights, prints - Next, Bedding - ASDA, Kitchen storage - Wilkinsons

The rest of the house is quite dark and is covered in Martyn's gig posters and band prints so I definitely feel like I want some spaces to feel like my own. Martyn and I have been on lots of coastal days out and holidays so I've gone with a bit of a seaside theme to remind me of those times. I've already got the bedding, toaster and fairy lights. Moving day is less than three weeks now, very excited!I'm hoping to shop you some before and after photos of my bedroom soon.

If you want to check out all the other wonderful posts by the Brit Pack girls then folllow the links below.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Loving those storage tins, I'm going a little mad for kitchen storage lately. I went to Cadbury World on Sunday and came back with a set of retro tins for the kitchen and a cloth badge for my camp blanket instead of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilko's is so cheap too. I've bought some blue glass jars for the bathroom to store cotton pads in from Poundstretchers.

      Delete
  2. Ah can't wait to see how you stamp your touch on it Gem!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. No bin in the bathroom - this must be a boy thing because when I moved in with Tze he didn't have one either! Haha. Good luck with the move, you'll have so much fun settling in! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys are odd, I've bought loads of kitchen utensils too and I like things to match so had to get new plates. Thanks Sarah!

      Delete
  4. Oh this is all lovely :) fantastic post and I love the brit pack - you all have fabulous blogs :)
    I can't wait to see how you incorporate these items! Room tours will be a must!!
    Keep in touch :)
    Andrea
    www.lanouvellenoire.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea, going to make a start this weekend with the painting :)

      Delete
  5. I can't wait till you move, I am SO excited for you!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the thrill of putting a room together with the lovely finishing touches. its just the hard graft i can't stand lol!;) lovely pieces you have here, can't wait to see your new home!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the toaster and the bedding. I wish now I'd looked at bedding last time I went to Asda!!

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper | An Undomestic Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the neutral tones… Living by the sea, I think this scheme would work really well. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That blanket is lovely, definitely need to look at getting something like that to match my own colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate when men don't think to put a bin in the bathroom!
    I love the things that you have picked. I have that storage in the form of a biscuit tin but mine came from Asda not Wilkos :) x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.