These boots are made for walkin'...

By Gem - 15:01:00

I took a few days off last week to look after my lovely Labrador Sookie and spend some time with my boyfriend while my mum was on holiday. I don't get to spend as much time with her as I would like because I work full time and I'm away a lot on weekends so I really enjoyed my time with her even though she was pining after my mum and being very needy. I suppose it must be difficult for a dog when their owner goes away so I tried my best to lavish her with attention and took her for a walk in my favourite spot close to my house.

IMG_3643

Martyn and I tried to tire Sookie out as much as possible with a long walk and  by playing plenty of catch. She doesn't really understand the concept of catch and wants you to chase her for the ball initially but soon drops the ball when she realises that I wont be running after her.

IMG_3632

I wrapped up warm (have you noticed the sudden drop in temperature?) and tried out my new boots from Fashion World. This is about as outdoors as I get, I have no practical clothing at all which isn't very good for a dog owner.

IMG_3659

Dress: AX Paris
Boots: c/o Fashion World
Coat: Barbour
Hat: ASOS
Bag: Zatchels

IMG_3660

These boots are going to be very handy this winter. They can be worn as both short boots and knee high boots. You just have to zip on the knee high part over the short boots and tie the buckle up, such a simple idea but very clever. I'm wearing them short here but I love them higher with a pair of knee high socks for evening walks to keep out the winter chill.

IMG_3661

IMG_3642

Look at my baby, isn't she adorable?!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Ooh. zippy boots? That's a good idea - I remember having a pair of zip-leg dungarees, which I loved. Wish I could find those, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love the idea you can go long or short depending on your mood! Isn't Sookie such a pretty lady?!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so handy for winter I think and makes them more versatile xx

      Delete
  3. these boots look really comfy, and very clever that they're basically 2 boots in one! And Sookie is a very cute dog <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's such a cutie. And I love convertible boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab idea - 2 in 1 boots! Sometimes in the autumn I put my long boots on as it's chilly in the morning, but by the afternoon it's a little bit warmer and I'm regretting the long boots so this is great!

    Jenni x

    Bows Bangles & Bakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. the short/long boots is a fab idea, must look into this! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm quite intrigued by these boots, sounds like a great idea! and Sookie is adorable, these photos make me want a dog :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sookie makes me happy, having a dog is the best xx

      Delete
  8. Oh really love this outfit, my fave being the coat and hat and the boots are really cute as well, isn't autumn the best time for walks in the woods? Looks like you had a lovely time :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY MORE SOOKIE PICTURES! I'm sure she loved having you around just as much as your Mum! Rufus gets all homesick too, he doesn't eat when Mum's not there, which is so bizarre for a lab. Hope you had a lovely week though mate <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a million Sookie photos on my phone I will have to share :) B'ham soon xx

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.