Singing in the Rain - Seasalt Raincoat Review

By Gem - 09:42:00

Seasalt have been on my radar for a while now. I live in wet Wales and I'm always on the lookout for practical yet stylish coats for the winter and Seasalt really fit the bill. The business started in 1981 in Penzance and all their clothing and coats have a very British seaside feel and are something I could see Rosie wearing when she takes little Bodhi out for a walk but would also work well in the city.

I've been wearing this knee length coat from the Seasalt Rain collection to work for the past week in the sun, showers and heavy rain is it practical for pretty much all weather. I would advise sizing up if you want to wear this in the winter because it's lightweight and you will want to layer some jumpers underneath which might mean a tight squeeze if you get your regular size.

 seasalt rain coat
Coat: c/o Seasalt | Rubber shoes: Vivienne Westwood by Melissa

The Original Raincoat is made from organic cotton with a Tin Cloth coating which keeps it waterproof. It comes in navy or poppy with a hood, button up front, sleeves and pockets, and contrast stitch detail. I have to admit I feel rather sophisticated walking around in this instead of my usual biker jacket or demin jacket and I've stayed considerably drier when wearing this in the rain. 

seasalt red coat hood

Tin Cloth fabric is unique to Seasalt coats and is their own interpretation of a traditional oil skin. Waterproofs used to be made by coating heavy canvas with linseed oil but Seasalt have gone a little more hi-tec which means the fabric is both waterproof and breathable.

Have you got your winter coat yet?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I love this! you look like a modern day little red riding hood <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo this lovely gem! So stylish for the rain!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look very sophisticated darling xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this raincoat, it's super cute on you.

    Lyndsay | Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is the one you were telling me about! Love it! <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I really like Seasalt!
    They were founded in my home town in Cornwall!!
    Such a practical coat.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL, it looks much better on you than it does on the model!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is such a cool coat!! love the colour! I got mine in a dark green, I think i should have gone for a bit more colour, but oh, well, really like the coat anyway! x
    happy to be your newest follower!
    Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.