A/W 13 Wishlist

By Gem - 10:33:00

I ADORE autumn and winter clothing and spend more on clothes in October and November than I do in all of the spring/summer months put together. Pastels and summer dresses just don't do it for me. I love leopard print, leather, lace, glitter and tartan and you get all these things in abundance on the high street at this time of year. I normally rush out and buy loads of party dresses and impractical things like a faux fur coat which end up matted and damp in the winter rain so this year I'm planning ahead.

What do I actually need? Some warm clothing, sensible shoes and something glamorous for a night out or Christmas party. I've come up with a few looks that will last me throughout the winter and chosen the key items to complete them.

aw look 1

Jeans - J Brand Jeans | Jacket - Fred Perry | Dr Martens - Shuperb

I know I'm a dress girl through and through but I have to admit I've been on the lookout for a pair of skinny jeans that I can get over my behind for the past few weeks. I've been buying nothing buy t-shirts all summer (mainly geeky ones on teefury) and I'm a little bored of pairing them with a skater skirt so the hunt for the perfect pair of jeans is on. The Fred Perry parka has been on my wishlist for a while now, I'm just waiting for some discount codes because not only does Fred Perry come with a lot of heritage it also comes with a hefty price tag.The Dr Martens are a classic but also hard wearing and great for jumping in puddles, perfect A/W shoes.
aw look 2

Boots - Topshop Argo boots | Skirt - Asos | Jacket - River Island

This is definitely going to be a go-to look for me on weekends. Biker jacket and a tartan skirt paired with one of my many band t-shirts and some on trend cut out boots will be functional and fairly sassy.

aw look 3

Dress - ASOS | Bag - Biba | Shoes - New Look

I've been looking for a new green lace dress since I had to sell my beloved Dotty P one after losing weight and I think I've found the perfect one. This ASOS number is the perfect price and I know it will get plenty of wear over the festive period. Paired with some classy strappy heels and a classy clutch I think this will be my trusty outfit for a night out.

Have you splurged on A/W clothes or are you a student holding out for a store lock in and 20% off?

*collaborative post

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. That dress would look GORGEOUS on you Gem. I've been chatting with the girls in my office today about a new winter coat, such an investment though, it's a big decision! 2 days xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Neeeed that dress, it's about £30 too and most dresses in Topshop etc are like £45-50 now. Woo B'ham, no idea what to wear with all you stylish ladies xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh I really like that parka. You can tell there's a touch of quality in the design of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ASOS dress fab colour. I need to get a christmassy dress too. http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these outfits. I can't decided which items my favourite.....the dress or skirt. Tartan and lace are two of my favs too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a utility jacket and classy ankle strap heel too!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the green dress and clutch! :) Anyway, I found you on Pinterest and I found interesting themes to customize our Pinterest page! Try it now! It's FREE! Here's the link: http://www.getcolorware.com/#how-it-works

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.