❤ Tartan Dress ❤

By Gem - 11:34:00

I had seen people posting photos of this dress on instagram for the past few weeks and I knew it had to be mine despite not really being very flattering or fitting very well on the top half (might try and alter it). I love tartan, peter pan collars and bows, if only this dress had a skater style skirt then I would be in heaven.

I wore this dress on Saturday when I headed to Cardiff for a meet up, shopping then a show in the evening. I spent far too much money in the Fred Perry shop, ate out for lunch and treated my mum to a meal before the show. I think I need a big win on online bingo to try and recuperate the money I hemorrhaged on that day. Oh well, I had fun and that's what counts right?

IMG_3671

Dress: Primark
Brooch: Topshop
Shoes: c/o Hotter Shoes

IMG_3664

I met all the girls for #cardiffmeet at Cosy Club and had some lovely berry pancakes for lunch. It was great to catch up with some local bloggers and meet new ones, such a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
I want to say a big thank you to Georgina and Helen who organised it and it was lovely to see Leanne, Linda, Laura & Mia, Nina and Elle.

weekend

I took my mum to see Russell Brand at the Millennium Centre in the evening after making time for a good catch up and a huge burger. It was nice to spend time with my mum as she works evenings and I'm away most weekends so we don't get to see each other often. Not sure Russell Brand was the best choice as his content isn't the most comfortable when you're sitting next to a relative but we both loved it. Bring back the radio show, pin pin! Does anyone else miss Matt Morgan? Loved that show...

Saturday well and truly tired me out so I spent Sunday at the gym and at home relaxing and catching up on Strictly. Can I have another two days off to get over this weekend? Can barely keep my eyes open.

*Collaborative post

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Ah can I go back to the Cosy Club Gem?! Jealous! You look fab in tartan!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dress on you - certainly looks as though it fits nicely in the photos!
    Looks like a great weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit, it looks gorgeous on. I saw it at the weekend in store, but decided against it.
    Love the photo with the woofer too, haha, she's like "what? But I want to play?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Sookie always wanders into my photos. She barks at me too, 'PLAY WITH ME!!' xx

      Delete
  4. I got this dress even though my mum said it wasn't the right shape for me but i love it all the same xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dress! I bought it today but I think I need to change it for a smaller size as it's very gapey in the bust area! it's so pretty though! xx

    XO Amie

    www.creditcrunchchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, so big on the top but not very roomy on the bottom. Odd Primark sizing... x

      Delete
  6. It was so lovely to see you again and you looked amazing! Hopefully see you again soon! Looks like you had an amazing weekend!
    xxx
    Nina from little nomad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Photobombed by Sookie! You look lovely in that cute tartan dress, I think it suits you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha she's the best at sneaking in photos :) Thanks Sophie x

      Delete
  8. Even though the dress is perhaps not that fitted it looks great on you, really love it and it has a Fred perry Look although not the price which is amazing!! Ahhh wish I knew about the Cardiff Meet? How do I find out about the next one?

    laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the girl in the Fred Perry shop like it on Sat :) It was on Georgina's blog http://www.makeup-pixi3.com I will try and organise a casual afternoon tea kind of meet up as a little break from the December madness x

      Delete
  9. It was super lovely to see you :) the dress looked great on you. I ended up buying the red version yesterday, I know what you mean about the fit, it isn't the best at all but the dress is just too nice to leave. x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.