Oblivion - Outfit Post

By Gem - 22:33:00

The first two weeks of January have flown by and my inbox just keeps on filling and all my free time is disappearing, maybe that's just part of growing up? I started my first ever full time position on the 2nd of January and it is taking a little while to get used to. I feel like I've not had time to read any of my favourite blogs and when I get home from work I just want to listen to music and cook. Can I be 19 again please?

Apart from being a bit ill and worn down this week was rather exciting because I did a presentation in work about blogging and what makes good content for professional library blogs. I've never done anything like that before so I was rather scared. It all payed off and I'm going to be repeating the presentation in front of a bigger crowd later on in the year, eek!

This type of outfit is slowly becoming my favourite type of thing to wear to work. It's smart but I can add some fun with a band t-shirt or lots of jewellery. I'm lucky because I really can wear anything I like to work although I try to be a little smart because I don't want anyone to mistake me for a student.

topshop t-shirt, new look skirt,

T-Shirt: Topshop
Necklace: eBay
Skirt: New Look
Shoes c/o Spartoo: Boots by Blink

I've really not been as excited by clothes recently, I think I've just discovered what I like and I'm sticking to it. However, I have been rather excited by music again and I made a little playlist of some of my favourite songs of all time as well as a few bands that you should look out for in 2013, enjoy!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Cute top, where do u work?

    CC x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear your presentation went well, Gem. I detest public speaking, so I would've gone to pieces! Can't really beat a good ol' skirt/t-shirt combination, as I'm sure you're well aware ;) And I spy Miles Kane on that playlist! Love a bit of M83 too, even if it does remind me of Made In Chelsea...xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totes channelling you here ;) That M83 song always reminds me of the Gucci advert now, I love it though and it reminds me of my French friends xx

      Delete
  3. Adore this outfit! And good to hear you're doing so well at work :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate presentations, glad things went well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit! Congratulations on going full time and doing that presentation, I would have completely freaked out!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this skirt! I really need to get a skater type skirt xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfit, especially the skirt! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these kind of outfits, the simple ones but that still have some smartness in there. The colour of the tee is fab too!
    I'm like you, I'm craving for just a night in of doing nothing.. Oh but then busy lives are fun! xx

    The Littles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I try to be a little smart because I don't want anyone to mistake me for a student" - that made me laugh out loud because I get really annoyed on my walk to work if I get mistaken for a student! Though at my age I should probably be a little more flattered!!

    Hope you get used to being full time, it is a bit of a shock to the system at first but the money difference is huge!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great playlist, am listening to it now! Are they easy to make? Such a great idea to add one to a post... xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww Gem it sounds like 2013 is definitely going to be a good year for you. The blog talk sounds fab and I'm sure you will find the right life/work routine soon xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.