17 Facts About Me

By Gem - 00:20:00

I enjoyed lots of other bloggers posts like this recently so I thought I would give it my best shot. 17 is an odd number but I ran out of facts. Anyway, here we go:

1. I don't have any tattoos (too much of a wimp) but if I did I would probably have FAC.33 on the back of my neck.

2. I get most of my inspiration for my outfits, music I listen to and books I read from Nicky Wire and Richey Edwards from the Manic Street Preachers. They are the only beautiful thing to ever come out of my home town. I have so much love for them, they are my heroes. Make up inspiration comes from Caroline over at Sparkly Vodka and my female fashion icons are Daisy Lowe and Marina Diamandis.



3. My favourite book is The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.

4. I lost 6 stone in two years. My weight has always been an issue and I find it hard to talk about. I was happy when I was bigger but I am happier now. I wish weight wasn't such a big issue in our society, I wish people didn't feel pressured to look a certain way and I wish some people hadn't said I only used the tag 'Fat' when it suited and dropped it when I lost weight. I love clothes and wanted to be a size 14-16 to be able to shop anywhere on the high street. I've kept it off by keeping a food diary and being good all week and letting loose on the weekend. My weight is such a confusing topic and I've given myself a headache thinking about it...

5. I have a scar in my right eyebrow where I had two stitches after falling off a wall when I was five.

6. I love Manchester. Most of my favourite bands are from there, I love the city and its history and the people. I wish I had gone to uni there to do an MA after graduating but I was too scared to go on my own. I have been to Manchester five times now and I would quite like to move there before settling back down in the Valleys.

7. I have always lived in Wales and the longest I have ever been away from home is for three months when I went to New Zealand. I'm close to my mum and brother and get home sick quite easily.

8. My teenage crushes were a little odd and included Jarvis Cocker, Matt Bellamy, JC Chasez from *NSync and Reece Shearsmith.

9. I got full marks in all of my History A Level exams and then went on to do spectacularly badly at university because I lost all interest in being academic.

10. I have dyslexia and dyspraxia but didn't find out until I was 20, which meant spending the first part of my life thinking I was an idiot.

11. I have been to see Britney Spears with my brother three times, I am not ashamed.

555675_968242090167_1646425797_n

Me and my brother

12. Not sure if the happiest moment of my life was getting my dog Sookie on Christmas day three years ago or seeing Morrissey at Wembley Arena.

13. Working in a library was never something I planned or dreamed of doing but I am enjoying it. I wanted to be a radio DJ or be in a band but I lack any musical ability and I am the least rock and roll person ever. Previous jobs include barmaid, cleaner, sales assistant at Topshop and club promoter.

14. I had about 40 driving lessons but never took my test. I have no interest in driving, my dad made me have lessons.

15. I'm scared of the ocean and going on boats. I went on a cruise down the Nile as a child and saw crocodiles in the water and cried.

16. I am a member of the Labour party and try to be as actively involved as I can be.

17. Most people want to travel to exotic destinations, I just want to go back to Florida as an adult and visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I'm such a big fan, 'Always' *sobs*

232_540305797927_6441_n
On holiday in Florida when I was 7.

I would love to hear some facts about you!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. I love reading posts like these. Congrats on the weight loss. It's not easy to lose and even harder to keep off. xx

    Just me Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading this post lovely. I've lost six stone, I am dyslexic and worked in Topshop :] I also lived in MAnc ;] xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeee you're my Northern twin and you are extra amazing because we met up in Manc. I need to move there at some point so I stop talking about it xxx

      Delete
  3. I'm the same as you I just wanna go to Florida and see Harry Potter world!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah I knew a few of these already! ;) I'm trying to think of random facts I'd do if I did one of these posts and oh GOD people would think I was weird with half of my secrets haha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once had a hamster called Chocolate and uuuum the first live show I saw was Micheal Jackson at the Cardiff Arms Park on mt 5th birthday. Might not know those ones ;) Darn, I could have made it up to 20.

      Delete
  5. loved your facts, yay for Morrissey (also Jarvis Cocker, yes please!). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moz, Moz, Moz!! Jarvis is just hilarious, I love his 6 Music show so much x

      Delete
  6. I've really been enjoying these posts! Gosh, I would love to go to the Wizarding World too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post! I have to admit as a 24 year old adult that I friggen love disney world and those are the only holidays me and my bf have taken together, ha ha! And as for loving Manchester, you have good taste - I went there for uni and have never left :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah, we are so similar. I always wanted to do something in the music industry but I soon realised that with a lack of musical talent it probably wasn't meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving these posts. My little sister has dyspraxia and I did a study on it a university and I'm pretty sure I have it too but I've never been to have it confirmed, I was also assumed to be dyslexic at school, the teachers poke to my parents but basically said it wasn't a problem as I'm intelligent, ignoring it probably wasn't the best thing to do, but he ho I turned out ok xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your brother look really alike. I can see where you're coming from with Jarvis and Reece Shearsmith... I totally fancied him as Ross in TLOG. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had an awful flashback of him and Pauline uuuuurgh xx

      Delete
  11. haha aww bless you, thanks for the mention :) i had the biggest crush on reece shearsmith when i was younger! i still would lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading these pots (so may have posted a cheeky one of my own...), but isn't it so bloody difficult to think which facts to put up? I know I'm not boring, but every story I could think of seemed so bloody inappropriate! Oh lord, if I could go to the Wizarding World I'd be there in a flash. Sneak me in your suitcase, please? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post. I had about 50 driving lessons and eventually passed my test on my third attempt but now I haven't driven for over 2 years - what a waste of time! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.