I'm baaack!

By Gem - 21:55:00

I'm all settled in to my new house now, I'm shattered! I moved house on Friday, went to a hen weekend on Saturday and Sunday in Portsmouth and then I've been back working in the public libraries this week.
I would love to have a rest but I'm going to see Ke$ha this weekend in Birmingham with my brother and I'm trying to squeeze in some gym sessions after work. I'm hoping next week will be a little quieter, I really need a lie in.

We have moved in to a really old house that was owned by an elderly lady so not only is the decor a little dated but it also needs a new boiler, walls, electrics and much more. Yay, so much fun... I think not.

*loads of photos to follow*

I thought I would share some pictures of the some of the lovely patterns we have in this house-

Mmmm, delightful.

I'm in the spare room at the moment whilst my bedroom is sorted and this is the wallpaper-


The decor offends Sookie so much that she has to close her eyes!


This is what my room looks like at the moment-


We have just ripped all the old plaster off, we need to do this in the entire house which is hard work and messy but it will look lovely when it's all done and this is the view from my bedroom-


It's not all bad :)


I had a great time in Portsmouth for the hen night on the weekend, there was a quiz for the hen about her future husband and gift giving where we had to give something to Alex that sparked a memory which brought up lots of funny stories. We went out for some food in the night and then hit the bars and we ended up in a really fun 90s bar called Babylon, we danced to the macarena and drank blue cocktails which was a perfect night out.



I wanted to get a full photo of my red dress on the hen night but I was too busy drinking cocktails!

Hope you are all well, did I miss any bug news or scandals when I didn't have the internet for a week? No? Didn't think I would...
xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. Lots of luck in your new house Gem!
    Did you get ur red dress in DP??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah you really have taken on a HUGE project with that house! I'd love to do something like that, completely put your own stamp on it! It will look amazing when its done!

    Sounds like a good hen weekend :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowww you've had such a busy time! :D
    love all the different patterns :D
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it looks like you have quite a bit of work to do with the house, but at least that way you'll make it your own :) Those designs are...interesting. Very garish. I can see why you dislike them!
    Ahh Portsmouth. I always feel a twang of nostalgia when some-one mentions it, I grew up there! Glad you enjoyed it :)
    Sirens and Bells xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh wallpaper! I looked at a house once that was covered in wallpaper, including the closets. I heard wallpaper is a pain to remove :(

    You look really pretty, what blush are you wearing in the second picture? It looks lovely.

    That view, stunning!

    Sounds like you're having fun and looking fabulous doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Claire Louise- Yes! it is DP, I got it in the sale :)

    @Honeysuck_elle- Thanks! I think it is an Illamasqua one, very pale pink. It was very warm that day so most of make make up came off after about an hour! useless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh your house is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see the finished product, but I hope you keep that wallpaper in tact. It's amazing! I laughed at the picture of your doggy....don't worry we're not offended by your decor!

    All the best with your house! x x x

    ashandbelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't wait to see the final result of your house! And I'm glad the move went well! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it bad that i kind of love that wallpaper?! And the red dress looks lovely - glad you're all moved in and settled, nice to have you back :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad the move went well!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually love the top right floral pattern, is it a carpet? I'm such a granny. Your view is amazing. God is watching you!

    You look fab in that dress. I'm jealous, I can't wear red, I look hideous. And you look radiant! (Grr.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gem,
    So glad your move went well, it can be so stressful!
    I've been busy too and didn't want to get of my massive Premier Inn hotel bed this morning.
    I'm over in Leeds for a senior journalism course and let me tell you it's so hard!
    Anyway love those patterns and your lovely doggy :)
    I've had a little elf splurge this week so shortly i'll be posting some reviews thanks for your tips.

    Take care,

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I quite like the floral wallpaper too!! but I'm sure you'll make the house look gorgeous what ever you do to it. Have fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks girls!
    My bedroom is going to be done first because we need a shower, hurrah!
    Just been to Ikea and spent loads on throws and soap dishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear, how come old people don't have taste at all!? haha! lucky for the house it got into good hands and you will sort it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you should keep the wallpaper :P lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck in the new house! Can't wairt to move into mine next week EEE! I might need a bit of showing around :) That view is lovely though and once it's all decorated you will love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like there's a lot of work to do on the house, but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end! It's great how you'll be able to decorate it however you want. Can't wait to see your room when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man, looks like you've got your work cut out for you! I must say, there is some kind of appeal to all the old lady style... I'm sure you could make it work! You know, could be quaint...

    Amazing view from your room! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to live in a house like that and fix it up and stuff. Your doggie is adorable. Love the view from your bedroom. I live in Canadian suburbia. Boring! Nothing like that to look out my window at, that's for sure! Glad you're back! http://curvycanadian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck with your new house, it will be amazing when you get it all together :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. big love for your spare room wallpaper!

    Helen, X
    http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good luck with the new house. I moved is week too but I cant get too settled cuz I'm doing it all again in August! Loving the wallpaper. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.