Going Places

By Gem - 19:47:00

Hello! Not had much to post recently as I've been busy packing for the big move which is going to be on Friday, very excited about this. I've also been trying to save money so I can buy lots of nice things for my new room so I've not been going out much, such a bore recently! I do have a Warpaint gig and hen night in Portsmouth this weekend which I'm looking forward to. I treated myself to a new outfit for both of these, it's been busy at the end of term in the library so I deserve it ;)


I have finished full time work for summer now and I will only been in for a few hours a week until September, hurrah! This is what I wore today for a shopping trip and for my lovely 3 hour shift in the library.

Skirt: Dorothy Perkins (£17 in the sale)
Cardigan and Top: Asda
Shoes: Peacocks
Hairband: Dorothy Perkins
Leggings: Evans

The outft is a little dull but I wanted a oppoutunity to wear my new skirt, do you have to put new things on straight away? I always do that. I think I might pair this skirt with some nice colourful blouses and t-shirts when the weather is a little better but the rain was torrential today so I opted for black.
My brother said that this skirt makes me look like I work in a travel agents in the 90s! I can kind of see his point especially if I had a little scarf tied around my neck.

I've got a feeling this will be my last post from my current house. Not sure when I will be able to post again or when I will have the internet so if you have any questions or want to chat you can email me - gemmasouthgate@hotmail.com or you can find me on twitter - @Gemma_DS
xx


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. Good luck with your move Friday hope it's not too stressful. LOVE the skirt, so beautiful! And YES I do that all the time with new things, sometimes I get home and get changed straight away! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this skirt it looks lovely on. Also jealous of your hair its gorgeous! Goood luck with the move X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous skirt very summery! Like you I tend to wear dresses more then anything but lately I've been drawn to skirts.
    Hope the move goes well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha omg i do see your brothers point but that makes me love it more?! you look so pretty gem! your hair looks lush with the little flower. hope the move goes well xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do that too & if I've been on a shopping spree I try & put everything on at once LOL
    That skirt is lush, good luck with the move bb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HAVE to put new things on as soon as I buy them. I'm wearing a new DPs dress right now! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to wear new things straight away. I'll make someone come to the pub with me just to wear a new thing! I love that skirt, was thinking of buying it and now I just might! Good luck with the move xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful skirt! Best of luck with the move my dear :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the move! I love the skirt and flower- so summery looking!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gem I love your skirt, the print is lovely.
    Good luck with the move! I’m sure you will be settled in no time.

    p.s Could I have your new address xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the skirt hun,
    came across your blog through bloglovin' and love your style.
    Good luck with your move. If anything like me you'll have far too much stuff and can't bear to part with any of it.
    Please feel free to visit my little fledgling blog only just got started on it!
    http://thriftygirlloves.blogspot.com/

    take care,

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, travel agent :P that made me well giggle- because my mum used to work there in 90s and he's right! But I think it looks lovely :) Good luck with the move and yay for posts from new room and all the decoration posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your bright skirt! Good luck with the move! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the skirt! What's wrong with looking 90s anyway? It had all the best fashionistas like... blossom! oh and clarissa! I always wanted to look like her.
    Too many exclamations in that mini paragraph for my liking. I do like your outfit a lot though and I'm quite jealous of your long summer break

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. good luck with the move hop all goes smooth! looking cute, love the the skirt saw it yesterday online wasn't sure you might have changed my mind! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks ladies, moving is scary but fun. I should be busy packing but I'm sat on the sofa with Sookie reading blogs ooopsie!
    @Eloise- I loved Clarissa although I was a bit too young to understand who Nirvana and Pearl Jam were back then. Need to get it on dvd and relive the 90s again. Love a bit of Sabrina too...

    ReplyDelete
  17. That skirt was a great sale find, definitely! Love the print and colour.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to wear things as soon as I buy them too! i love the skirt, it's a beautiful colour! Good luck for the move!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm loving your blog :D x

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog, I'd love it if you took part :) http://stylefashionvintagebaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good luck with your move! I think we'll be moving in a few weeks, I might need some of your tips! I have never moved house before as I've lived in the same house all my life. I'm excited bit also nervous!

    All look at Sookie getting in the photo there! I love it when my dogs to sneak in my photos haha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck with the move! I love the skirt, very summery :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love your new skirt, its so cute! And that headband is so pretty. As soon as I buy something, I always wear it right away! Haha

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth
    http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. That skirt is beautiful. No wonder you wanted to put it on right away! Good luck with the move! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I adore that floral skirt!!!

    Ayeisha
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.