Beat of my Drum

By Gem - 16:20:00

Hello! This is Dotty P dress number two, don't like this one quite as much as the stripey one but the colour is great. I wore it to work for one day and the pretty detail on the edge has come away from the dress so I need to exchange it which is a shame but I think it's just a fault and I won't have the problem again.
I've tried all different ways of wearing my hair this week because it's been so warm in work and I have discovered that silly buns on the top of my head look stupid, pig tails are not a serious option and I have way too much hair. I don't like pulling my hair away from my face because I've got a widows peak and it looks a little odd.


Dress: Dorothy Perkins
Cardigan: Evans
Leggings: New Look
Belt: New Look
Hair clip: H&M
Necklace: gift

Thought I would include a little picture of Sookie relaxing in the sun with her Lion King toy. She has been shedding loads of hair recently so I have to carry one of those sticky rollers with me whereever I go to get all the hair off, total nightmare!


Also, how amazing is Nicola Roberts and her debut single? I bloody love this girl! Fab hair, cool clothes and a catchy song, what a woman!



Hope you are all having a fab weekend. Think of me when you are out enjoying the sun and I'm stuck inside with a horrible cold and cough!
xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. I love the colour of your dress and you hair looks really pretty :)
    My cat is losing lots of hair at the moment too! He always chooses to rub around my legs when I have lack leggings/trousers on and I'm about to go out, I swear he knows and does it on purpose! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin the dress, it's a gorgeous colour!
    I can never find any gorgeous blue dresses, well I had one and my sister stole it lol I wanna go browse for a blue dress now :)
    Feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo love this song, i shall be singing dance to the beat of my drum all day! cute dress love the colour xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour of that dress! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicola's song is amazing! Can't get it out of my head!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colour of that dress is gorgeous! Really suits you :)

    Your dog is so cute too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow how much weight have you lost girl! You are looking smoking hot Gem!
    That dress is gorgeous, the colour really suits you!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your hair like that i think you look lovely. I've been wearing my hair in a silly bun all week - yes i look silly and it really accentuates my chubby neck but its so hot i'm past caring!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the dress fits you prefectly x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Before I even read the post I was thinking your hair looked really great, it took me a minute to work out what was different! :)

    Kim

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That blue is just gorgeous and I like the flower in your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks girls! I'm currently dancing around to that song in my pj's :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. the dress looks absolutely lovely one you, the colour suits you well. annoying it's faulty though


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colour is fantastic, really suits you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty dress, blue lace who wouldve thought it. Is divine.

    Helen, X
    http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colour of the dress looks lovely on you! I never have any luck when I visit Dotty P

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love your hair like that, the clip is lovely! im a big nicola roberts fan too xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your hair and the outfit, it looks so good on you :)
    Your dog is the absolute cutest, my dog sheds a lot too, but I never thought to carry round a sticky roller!

    franky xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. oo this dress is lovely although I adore the stripy dress too! I hope you feel better soon lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love your hair like that!
    the colour of the dress is fab too :D
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gemma you look fabulous! The dress is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your hair looks fab, I love it pinned like that!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like your hair like that! and nichola's song is really growing on me! :) sookie is so cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Nicola Eoberts too - everything about her! Love the colour of your dress: it really suits you.

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.