'Peacocks by Design' dress

By Gem - 21:31:00

Hello! I had a bit of a break over the Easter period from work and technology and I loved it! It's nice to get away from it all sometimes and I feel thorougly relaxed. I only work term time in the uni library so I will be working in the public libraries this week which I haven't done for ages. I can't wait to be surrounded by exciting books rather than text books.

I popped into Whitchurch today to do a little charity shopping and to meet the lovely ladies who run the Cancer Research Wales shop there. I'm going to be writing for their blog/website which is having a relaunch, it's  all rather exciting. I will mention their fab shop and show you all my great charity shop finds in a later post.

This is what I wore for my afternoon out-


Dress: Peacocks by Design
Cardigan: Primark
Bag: Topshop
Shoes: River Island



 
I'm really happy with my Peacocks by Design dress, it feel much higher quality than Peacocks normal range, it fits nicely and it moves really well. It's a very 'swishy' dress, the fabric feels nice and heavy and all the rest of the new range were equally as nice too. It was £35 which I think is a great price because something in Topshop or Next would probably be about £50. The lovely Vicki at Magpie Girl styled one of the Peacocks dresses for the  and she looks fab, I'm thinking of getting that dress for a wedding in the summer.
Have you got anything from the new Peacocks collection? Did you all have a nice Easter?
xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

27 comments

  1. Love the dress especially the pretty peter collar. I adored the take ten dress too, trying to think of an occasion that I can buy it for haha! Not really got the money to be buying random things, if only I can justify it!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is beautiful. And I LOVE your shoes! Need me some moccasins. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. what colour are your nails? gorgeous colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jessica- it's Barry M but the bottle was so old I couldn't see the colour :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo,I love that dress and your shoes are very cute!
    Can't wait to get back to uni for a well overdue charity shop raid!

    x

    futurefreaksme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress is so cute, i need to have a browse in peacocks me thinks x

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a classy dress, I wouldn't have guessed it was Peacocks. Sadly the usual quality there is not so good, but sounds like this dress is a leap forward. you look lovely :)
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress is beautiful, it looks so lovely on you Gem! Glad to hear you had a lovely relaxing Easter too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. puuu, the dress looks so lovely and pretty. i never really go into peacocks as i always end up spending all my money in topshop, h&m and asos but im definitely tempted to pay more attention to it now =)


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I was tempted but right now my money situation is, ahem, not great. Well done on getting a job writing on that website though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty dress! I love your shoes & nail colour too

    ReplyDelete
  12. you and the dress both look gorgeous!
    great post!

    sharlxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this outfit, especially the shoes, they're amazing! :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so cute Gem! Really like the colour of your bag with your cardigan. I've never shopped in Peacocks but after hearing so many good things about it recently I think I will venture in soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey my dear!! love this dress on you and thanks so much for mentioning me and linking me! so very sweet of you. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. i never go to peacocks cause i never liked the quality, but that dress is so pretty might have to take a look xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's really nice! Definitely looks as though it's from somewhere a bit more 'upmarket' than Peacocks, and it's light and summery without being too bright. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look so pretty, and I love the colour of your nails. I've got a similar mint green colour too, it's perfect for the Springtime. Gorgeous photos. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely outfit! The dress looks great, it really looks swishy, I love swishy dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. oo that dress is gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This dress look beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, you look fantastic. And I'll say it again, I wish that Peacocks would ship here. Ugh, so fantastic! www.curvycanadian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous dress! :] love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.