We're all going on a summer holiday...

By Gem - 22:36:00

I had a lovely weekend attending wedding receptions and my friend made me a roast dinner because I've not had one since moving house, we still don't have a proper kitchen! I've now got a full week of work ahead of me which I haven't had for most of the summer (I only work term time) not looking forward to it!

This is what I wore to work today-

 Dorothy Perkins Dress
  Simple make up, just a flick of Lancome Art Liner.
 My belt was £2 in the New Look Sale
Primark Shoes

I'm off to the rather pretty Torquay this weekend and I need your help! I would love to know where all the best places are e.g. the prettiest beach, most delicious cream tea and any local secrets. The lovely Lyzi has already given me some amazing tips, I'm definitely going to check out the fireworks at the regatta.


I've not had a holiday since I went to NZ a few years ago so I can't wait. I only ever seem to go on city breaks which are super stressful. I'm hoping some mini instax film arrives before I go so I can use my new camera to take some pretty sea side snaps.
I've already packed my case, that's how excited I am! I've made the mix CD for the trip down and packed those little boxes of cereal that I used to have as a kid and lots of healthy snacks so I don't go too far off my diet. I will have to get some fish and chips and a cream tea though, can't go away and not treat myself.

Have you been on your summer holiday yet? Where did you go?




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. I love the belt so much! And only £2! I can't believe it..

    I stayed in Ireland this summer. My boyf happens to live in one of the most scenic parts of the country so visiting him was my holiday =]

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely dress! and I am very jealous of your belt, I've been lusting after one like that for ages! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dress! You always have the nicest dresses!
    I went to the Isle of Wight for 5 days back in April and I'm going to Paris for New Years :)
    Hope you have a good time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Torquay looks lovely, hope you have a wonderful time :) And thanks so much for your lovely comment :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so beautiful, Gem! Good luck with your week at work and have an awesome time in Torquay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome dress! and that $2 belt! what a bargain!! :)

    waituntilthesunset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun on your holiday, I've been itching to get out of town myself. You look pretty as always, such lovely skin!

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your belt Gem!
    And I haven't been to Torquay for years so can't give you any tips. But I hope you have a great time!

    Jules @ A Bit of Jules

    ReplyDelete
  9. That horse belt is so cute! Have a lovely time in Torquay x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look really lovely : ) and that belt is fab.

    Have a great break! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh enjoy your trip, and have lots of scones & cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you've heard ALL about my holiday so i won't say it all again haha ^_^
    hope you have LOTS of fun! :D
    loving your belt!
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty outfit, I especially love the belt - bargain! Hope you have a lovely time away I love Torquay :)

    L x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really liked the article, and the very cool blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have the most amazing cheekbones!! just saying but you do!

    http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Sharon!
    Paris for NYE sounds AMAZING Hayley, so jealous xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rather sad to say I've never been to Torquay but I hope you have a lovely time!
    Also, that cheesecake you commented about? MAN ALIVE. I don't even like cheesecake, but with booze involved I could definitely get on board with that one.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. ah the kellogs variety packs! They were a family favourite back when we used to go camping, me and my sister used to always argue over the coco pops.
    Hopefully you're week isn't as bad as you predicted
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your work outfit is so sweet, I love your belt and shoes! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks like your really on a summer holiday. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your outfit is really cute! Good for the summer. I love it! Also the place, has such a nice view.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.