Phew

By Gem - 19:26:00

Finally got a few minutes to myself after being so busy with work all week. It's been lovely to have a day where I don't need to get the bus. It has been a fun week though. I went to Pizza Express with my friend Amanda after work on Thursday and had some nice pizza that had a hole cut out of the middle with a salad in it, very yummy! I had frozen yogurt for dessert and Amanda had dough balls with nutella, I was very jealous. I bought a few lovely things in H&M which I will show you in an outfit post, hopefully on Tuesday.
 
I had 40% discount in Peacocks this week because I'm Cardiff Uni staff and went a bit crazy and bought two dresses, a top and 2 bracelets, I wouldn't normally splurge like this but how could I resist at 40% off?!
Last night I went to the World Book Day quiz that was hosted by my other job at Caerphilly Council. It's a bit lame that I didn't have anything better to do on a Saturday night but I did have fun. Library staff from all the neighbouring local authorities turned up and the Caerphilly team won for a second time in a row.

I've been trying out all the polishes that I bought on Wednesday and this is what the No7 'night night' shade looks like. It went on very easily and there is plenty of gold glitter in the black polish. It looks great on but it's coming off slightly at the tips and I've only had it on for a few hours. I think it might need more than one top coat.


I've not been reading much recently so I've got stuck in to these two books. One is about Barbara Castle who held the record as the female MP with the longest continuous service and she is the first, and to date the only woman to have held the office of First Secretary of State. She is a total inspiration to me and was dedicated to helping the people of the UK throughout her political career. I'm reading The Reader for my reading group that I run with my friends. It's a tad depressing but so far it's a great read. I've picked a bit of a chick lit book for our next group read because it can be hard work reading and discussing books with so many complex issues each time we meet.



I'm currently writing my first assignment for my short course I'm attending and emailing all the lovely people who joined up for the Pen Pal exchange so it's been a pretty busy day off.



I'm off to Bristol for a night out tomorrow and I have another week filled with long shifts. Are you doing anything nice this week?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. oooh, lovely nail varnish.
    i've booked out the studio at uni on wednesday to do some shooting in, very exciting! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have been really busy, I watched a bit of book night last night but have the rest recorded.
    I don’t think I would have been able to resist 40% off at Peacocks either…that’s like practically nearly half price! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. pen pal emails - how exciting!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. busy week!
    can't wait to get my penpal email eee
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I didn't realise you worked at Cardiff Uni too! Is that in the library? My friend off my MA course has just started a job there. If you meet someone called Delyth please say hi! She's lovely. And wow 40% off peacocks! So envious. Can't wait to see your buys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Helen- Yeah I work in the Arts and Social Studies library for about 30 hours a week term time and then I work supply for public libraries in the holidays and a few hours a week :)
    I might meet Delyth on a course, let her know she needs to sign up for the emails on the staff benefits bit on the Cardiff Uni website and then she will get the 40% off Peacocks emails!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i loved the reader, nail polish looks lovely too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the nail varnish!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the nail varnish! Might spend one of my £5 off vouchers on it, I usually give them to my mum! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pizza you're talking about from Pizza Express, it's guilt free goodness! :) That nail varnish is lovely too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the nail polish, I this one of my No7 vouchers has found a friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, lovely nail varnish. I wouldn't normally look twice at black with gold glitter, but now that I've seen it on I'll be on the lookout, I really like it.

    I'm doing something AMAZING this week! My best friend has been living in Hong Kong for a year and she's coming home this weekend! Skyping just isn't the same, so I can't wait to see her again. We're going out for a lovely tea next Monday and I really cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  13. may have to get my paws on this polish, it's so nice!! especially with all the no7 vouchers that are floating around atm!xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you managed to get a bit of time to yourself. Would have been rude not to make the most of 40% discount. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.