Outfit Post and Cardiff Vintage Events

By Gem - 08:42:00

Sorry, I've not done an outfit post for a while have I? I'm a bit useless at the moment, I go out wearing nice clothes or to fun gigs and forget to take photos. I've started working more hours this week and I will be doing them right up until the end of term. 1-9.30 isn't fun at all, your whole day is gone and it's not giving me much time to have fun. I can't complain too much though because I get 2 months off for summer :)  




Dress: New Look
Cardigan: asda
Belt: New Look
Necklace: gift from my nan
Leggings: Dorothy Perkins

My fringe has grown so much in 4 days, I can't see a thing! I will have to curl it under a bit until I have time to go for a trim. I wore this outfit to work yesterday and it was very comfy and it felt work appropriate which is a plus. This New Look dress is a little see through at the top but I think I'm the only one who noticed. I like the fact that it has a peter pan collar but it isn't too high, high necklines don't look that amazing on me.


Here are two events that people from south Wales and the west  might be interested in-


I'm off on a course tomorrow which is all about management and leadership skills and then I'm going to a book quiz on Saturday which will be attended by people who work in libraries all across south Wales which will be great fun. I had such a good time at the Frankie and the Heartstrings gig on Friday that I'm going to see them again in Bristol on Monday, can't wait!
What are your plans for the rest of the week?
xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Ouch I thought my 1.30-7 shift was a killer! Working till half 9 cant be fun! I feel your pain about the fringe, I am beginning to resemble a shaggy dog and its starting to part! Oh the shame, really need to trim it!
    You look lovely, love the cute collar!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really suit having a fringe Gem! I love it... but then I'm a bit biased ;) I do feel your pain about how quickly they grow - I've had mine for so long that I just cut it myself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. dress looks lovely on I love newlook :)The vintage and handmade market looks interesting thanks for sharing :) X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks lovely! And thanks for the event notices - I always manage to miss the South Wales vintage happenings and then kick myself afterwards.

    I commiserate on the work hours - I currently do 7pm-1am, but at least I get the daytime to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YESSS ! i will probably be at both of those ;)
    your hair looks awesome!
    i have that problem at the moment, with my fringe curling under
    ANNOYING!
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that dress Gem, and your hair looks lovely too. Glad to hear you are getting to see Frankie and the Heartstrings again :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress looks great on you- I need to check out New Look's Spring stuff, it all looks so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the heads up on the vinatage fairs - will check them out if I've got any pennies left! Tell me about it, I'm going to pull something in my neck they way I'm flicking my side-fringe out of my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I work 1-9 once a week and yuck, I hate it! Soon we are closing earlier though and will be working 9-7 instead once a week, I'm not sure which is worse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Rosie and Charlene- I need to have a hairdresser friend who can come and trim it for me all of the time, I would make a mess of it if I tried to do it myself!

    I never really know how many locals read this blog but I want to help to promote local events and independent retailers. Hopefully see some of you there :)

    @Helen and Rose Rogue- eeew long shifts are awful but good in away to get lots of hours work in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely outfit. The dress is really pretty. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.