Day in the life of Fat Frocks

By Gem - 03:30:00

6.15am - Alarm goes off and I sigh, press snooze a few times and finally drag myself into the shower and get ready to head to work. I catch the train to Cardiff and head to work in one of the libraries at Cardiff University.


8.45am - Arrive at the hideous 70s building I work in and eat my breakfast before going to my desk.


9am-1pm - Provide IT support in the morning, help people access the wi-fi, scan documents, change passwords and anything else that comes up. Tweet from our library account and reply to any questions on there. Work on any marketing campaign we might have or create displays like the new book stand below. 


This is a picture of a sandwich.

1pm-2pm - Head to the park for lunch, read the paper, tweet and walk a little. 

This is a picture of books on a shelf.

2pm-5pm - Work on the issue counter, returning and issuing books and dealing with queries. Send books to other libraries as part of the inter library loans service. Attend meetings of the working groups I'm part of. 


5pm-6pm - Get the train back home, make some food and head to a yoga class for an hour. 

This is a photo of salmon with a bean salsa.

8pm-10pm - Hang out with the dork below, watch some Netflix and faff around in my room to avoid doing chores which Martyn inevitably ends up doing. 


10pm-11pm - Read books, blogs and the days news before going to sleep. 

This is a photo of a book and a pair of reading glasses.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Can I come round for dinner please? The salmon looks delicious!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea, I might give this a go today instead of vlogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you do send me the link, would love to see :)

      Delete
  3. I love these kind of posts and those little bunnies by your dinner are so cute. Looks like a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were from Debenhams and are for salt and pepper :)

      Delete
  4. Dork haha! Haven't used that word in years lol! Great post hun x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lovvvvve these kinda of posts! Looks like a great day, although I can never be arsed going to yoga/ any other gym class after a long day at work. I need your motivation! I might have a wee go at a post like this soon, looks like fun :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those rolling stacks are lovely! Students would always be so daunted by the rolling stacks in the library I used to work in. The colours make them so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, they save so much space too. We have them on all floors now so we can really pack the stock in.

      Delete
  7. I love this little peek into your day!! PS Your supper looks delicious!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading all about people's daily schedules :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice to see into the eyes of someone elses day, mine would mainly consist of being in the same room.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post. I also would like your job please thank you.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. The salmon looks so good! And I love the little white rabbits you have on your table!!! I love rabbits. Your job at the library must be fun though. Don't you feel a little bit like "Bel" from beauty and the beast when she saw all those books?!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your day sounds perfect pal. Quite similar to mine actually! I might do a post like this, I think it's a really lovely idea to share what really happens in our lives day to day, rather than just the bits we choose to show... Though mine would be MUCH more boring :) <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.