Fat Frocks' Recent Adventures

By Gem - 21:22:00

I've been very busy indeed the past month with a big refurbishment where I work, lots of days out and Martyn's birthday. I've not had chance to post everything on there so I've got a very photo heavy round-up post today to let you know what I've been up to recently.

This is a picture of a breaking bad themed cake that I made and a trip to the seaside.

On Martyn's birthday weekend we headed to Tintern Abbey, Ogmore beach and I made him a Breaking Bad cake. I made the cake on a boiling hot day and trying to get the icing to not melt everywhere was such a nightmare. The cake tasted so good though and was bright blue inside, would love a huge slice right now.

This is a picture of devil's pulpit

Martyn and I loved our first trip to Tintern Abbey so much, we decided to head back at night and explore the area more and  walked up to Devil's Pulpit for amazing views. Our walk started at the beautfulTintern Abbey, headed along the western bank of the River Wye before crossing over the river and uphill on wooded paths towards ancient Offa's Dyke. The Devil's Pulpit is a limestone rock jutting out from the cliffs from where (legend has it) the devil preached to the monks below, tempting them to desert their order.

this is a picture of Tintern Abbey at night

this is a picture of summerdown beach in wales

I headed to Southerndown beach (Bad Wolf Bay for Dr Who fans) with the girls to fossil hunt, paddle in the sea and see the location for a handful of Doctor Who episodes. Doomsday was filmed here and The Time Of Angels. I would love to head back here with my dog Sookie one day and swim in the sea with her, it was such a beautiful beach.

This is a picture of Doctor Who filing in Cardiff

I had lots more Doctor Who fun when I went to watch the new series being filmed in Cardiff. I never tire of seeing Cybermen walking around Cardiff and my friend Julien got a photo with The Doctor, Peter Capaldi. The BBC are always using buildings where I work as locations for Doctor Who and Sherlock, exciting stuff. 


I also headed to a wonderful elf makeup event where we were showed how to create floral festival make up looks using a colourful palette and a whole face look with just five products. I enjoyed hanging out with Amy and Laura and learning a few things about make up because I'm certainly not a beauty blogger.


I briefly feature in one of the elf YouTube videos from the event which has taught me that red lipstick doesn't suit me at all. Don't think I've ever been on YouTube before, would love to make my own content to put on there but no idea where I would start. 



I hope I've got equally fun things to report back on this time next month and I hope you have a lovely month too.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. That Breaking Bad cake looks so good! WHat a greta idea, I made my BF an Xbox cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loved it and it tasted sooooo good x

      Delete
  2. Looks like you've been having a whale of a time Gem!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you've been having lots of fun! The cake looks amazing!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like lots of fun! Would have loved to have watched the Doctor Who filming!! Two Hearts One Roof - July Fashion, Beauty Lifestyle Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you have been busy!
    I almost walked onto a Doctor Who set once and someone went nuts at me - oh how I'd love to be in Doctor Who!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there Gem!

    Firstly, thanks for your comment. So you live in Herefordshire I presume. I would love to live there!!! I love the look of Tintern Abbey!

    How cool to have seen Doctor Who filming!!! My Mum does extra work and she's done Downton and films but I know she would love to do Who!!!
    You seem to have had a busy time.

    I have no idea how to follow on my phone but I'll try to remember to come back and follow, a Wye based blog seems my kind of thing!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very close, I'm based in Newport which is perfect for exploring the border, Brecon and the coast.

      Oooh really? I would love to do that, even a tiny part in Dr Who would be a dream x

      Delete
  7. I love Dr who! Your so lucky! & Blessed! I love all the photos!

    Xo Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I do love Tintern - one of my favourite places, as well as Southern Down except every time I go there its always really really windy. How amazing is that cake btw!!!

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello I am so happy I found your blog, I really found you by accident,
    while I was researching on Google for something else,
    Nonetheless I am here ()
    now and would just like to say thanks for a remarkable post and
    a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time
    to look over it all at the minute but I have saved
    it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be
    back to read much more, Please do keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.