Dreaming of Another World

By Gem - 23:43:00

I don't want to sound like a moaner but I'm so tired after a hectic summer. I've really made the most of my summer since the Jubilee weekend and I've managed to have plenty of weekends away, visit new cities, celebrated lots of birthdays and even gone to a few festivals. I still have Paris and Bestival to go and I'm exhausted even thinking about it. A new term starts soon and all the students will return to the university that I work at and I feel like I've not had a break all summer.

Next year I'm going to skip the festivals (unless I get tickets to Glasto) and mini breaks and combine lots of leave so I can have two weeks in the sun. I just want to lie on a beach, read and sip on cocktails. No getting coaches and buses around the UK, camping or staying at a travelodge. I want full blown luxury, sophistication and style but on a budget!

I'm planning on saving and getting a last minute deal next year or trying to book early for a good price.
I've got a few destinations in mind like Bulgaria and Turkey but I think Tunisia and South of France are on the top of my list at the moment. If I have a year to prepare I can pick up bits in the sales and on eBay so my holiday wardrobe doesn't cost a fortune. I tend to waste money on things I don't really need and maybe knowing I have a holiday to save and pay for would stop me doing this.

I've got a few picks here for things I will be keeping an eye on throughout the year-

tunisia

I've seen a few lovely dresses lingering in the sales that would be perfect for a summer holiday. I'm going to be looking for dresses in bright colours with cut out details perfect for the Tunisian heat like these AX Paris and Topshop ones. I don't own any sandals and I can't really take converse on holiday so I will also be looking for some of these. I wont wear them often so I can pick up a cheap pair and not worry about quality too much. I don't think I will be able to resist the book themed passport cover as a library assistant, I wonder if there is a matching luggage tag... Tunisia is at the top of my list because it is exotic and safe at the same time. There are beautiful resorts but also some amazing ancient ruins and Islamic architecture to explore.

south of france

You can't go on holidays without a case and this leopard print New Look one is just up my street. It is the right balance between Kat Slater and chic and you're going to notice this print on the carousel at the airport. No holiday would be complete without the perfect swimsuit. I can't scrimp on this item as I'm looking for retro style plus size swimwear with underwire and support. I'm going to be looking for discount codes and sales for these as they cost around £40+ I think some retro cat eye sunglasses would be the perfect finishing touch for my chic French holiday wardrobe and I would also pack lots of navy and white stripes and broderie anglaise for a fresh summer look France is at the top of my list because I'm hoping my French pals will meet up with me after not seeing them for ages and  also be my unofficial guides.


Going to leave you with this Mystery Jets song which has me dreaming of another world and in the mood for a lazy holiday...



*collaborative post

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. I often think I should have gone abroad for the amount you can spend on one weekend at a festival, I'm hoping to go to America next year so it will be unlikely I can afford many if any festivals xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what I'm thinking, have one big holiday instead of lots of weekend breaks. Tool olf for festivals now! will get some day tickets next year maybe or go to smaller festivals like Beacons and Indietracks.

      Delete
  2. Good plan, two weeks in the sun with books and cocktails sounds good to me! And it's definitely easier to save if you know it's going towards something specific that you'll really enjoy.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, if I book through an agents I can pay a little off each month and look forward to relaxing :)

      Delete
  3. I had a holiday in the sun earlier in the year but it was only for a week. Next year I'm determined to actually have two weeks off as a week just isn't long enough to forget about work stress! LOVE that leopard print bag x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're going to Tunisia at the end of September and I'm really excited! Its one of my favourite holiday destinations for just sitting in the sun and chilling, I've been like 4 or 5 times now and it gets better every time. The hotels are so luxurious and you're looked after so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh good to know :) it's at the top of my list with Turkey so far.

      Delete
  5. I can't remember the last time I had a holiday in the sun. About 4 years ago I think! I am really looking forward to our honeymoon next September, it can't come soon enough. This post has made me want it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely with you on the sunny holiday! I can't remember the last time I had a proper beach holiday, I've chosen festivals over holidays for the past few years. I am off to Florida in January though so will be saving all my pennies for that! Have fun at Bestival, I'm getting really excited about it now :)

    LOVE the leopard print bag too
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I NEED that leopard bag, so Kat Slater haha. Oh man, I LOVED Florida, best holiday I ever had. Hope you're going to the Harry Potter place. Will die of jealousy xx

      Delete
  7. The south of France sounds lovely. We can't afford a holiday this year but we're saving up for a trip to Washington DC next spring. Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww Gem it's always nice to dream and look forward to a holiday vacation! I absolutely adore the book themed passport cover xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to get that, I love anything book themed :) xx

      Delete
  9. Thanks for linking to that site. I've been having a nightmare trying to find a supportive but pretty AND affordable swimsuit xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.