La tristesse durera toujours

By Gem - 18:56:00

A rather sad title but lots of lovely things to report on. I took a week off work last week for my birthday and tried to cram in as many days out as I could and sample plenty of cakes. Sadly the week I chose to have off work was filled with downpours and I couldn't go camping like a planned but I still managed to have lots of fun.

caterpillar cake, brit pop cd, bute park


Last Sunday I went for a mammoth walk around Cardiff and picked up a tasty Indian breakfast at the Riverside market and headed towards Bute park for a relaxing afternoon. I've seen the NZ football team and Brazilian teams train in the park recently and saw the GB team leaving Cardiff after their defeat on the weekend :( Cardiff has been buzzing with Olympic fever this week, nice to feel part of it all even though I don't live in London. I had a mid week birthday meal with friends because a few of us have birthdays in the same week. My friends know me very well and got me a caterpillar cake and Brit pop album. You can't beat a night in with the girls.
I went for lunch and cocktails and spent a small fortune on new jumpers, make up and clutch bags. Once I get started I just can't stop... I got a GOSH eyebrow pen and have been playing with it this week but I've not quite got the hang of it yet (major scouse brow)

birthday cake, pastel cake, coctails,


I had a joint birthday celebration with my friends Jack and Harri on the weekend and we went for food at Mezza Luna which was a great little place on City Road in Cardiff. We had some Moroccan food and there was even a belly dancer, we all got roped into belly dancing but I have no rhythm at all so wont be taking that up as my new vocation. Emma made a ruffle icing, pastel layer cake masterpiece which tasted great, I think she should make me one every weekend. YUM.

1D, Bristol bloggers meet up, IMpress


I went to see a band called Mowbird in my new favourite venue Gwdihw (Welsh for owl) and got some great shots on my instax camera. I ate even more cake, this time with some comedy 1D decoratoins which Rosie would appreciate. I tried out some IMpress nails which looked fab and were so easy too apply, great for a night out.
I went to Bristol yesterday for the Bristol Bloggers Meetup that Kim and Steph organised, they did a geat job and it was good to see them again along with the lovely Lily, Hannah and Sammy. It was also lovely to meet some new people like Amie , Chloe Lee and Sophie. I always enjoy meet ups but get a little nervous and babble so I'm sorry if I went a little off topic. It was a great way to round off my my birthday week off.

I wish all weeks could be like this!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. Sounds like a super amazing week :] the cake looks gorgeous.
    Blogger meets are great, i'd love to meet you one day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to mee you toooo! Will try and come to a Northern meet up :) xx

      Delete
  2. Every year I get a caterpillar cake - they are freakin awesome! Sounds like a great week :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted the chocolate face but my mate ate it, gutted!

      Delete
  3. Wow sounds like a great week, Happy Happy Birthday. Caterpillar cake is the best, I always go for the piece with a white chocolate foot...mmm.

    allaboutthegirlblog.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday hun, it looks and sounds like you had a great time :) I love both the layered cake and One Direction one :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate the Zayn one first, he's my fave ;)

      Delete
  5. So lovely to meet you hun! I loved our chat and the welsh cake was delicious!
    Much love Amie xx
    www.creditcrunchchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you've had a lovely week, caterpillar cakes are the best, and that one your friend made looks extraordinary too, very yummy (: Your impress nails are by the far the nicest and best I've seen too, if they look this good I am very tempted to get myself some! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so easy to put on and they have lasted three days now :) xx

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you had such a lovely birthday miss :) the rainbow cake looks DIVINEEEEEEE hello cake craving haha.
    Was lovely to see you again yesterday too, shame the day flew by! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy belated birthday! Cake looks amazing. Nothing wrong with a scouse brow btw ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha the best brows to have ;) Thanks!

      Delete
  9. Wow sounds like you had an amazing birthday week, that cake looks AMAZING!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww it looks like you had a lovely time :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a lovely birthday weekend mrs! Would you recommend the GOSH eyebrow pen? I've been really into definition lately, but not quite scouse brow impact, a little more subtle haha! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. JEALOUS of your caterpillar cake haha :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE that nail colour - absolutely stunning! That cake also looks pretty good!
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow look at those cakes! Looks like you had such an amazing birthday week despite the weather x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.