Not on the highstreet

By Gem - 19:03:00

Notonthehighstreet.com brings together over 2,500 independent small UK businesses that sell over 45,000 products. it's like etsy but a little more uniform in postage prices and return policy because you buy through one checkout rather than from the individual seller. Each business has been chosen by notonthehighstreet.com based on style, quality and originality.

I was given a budget of £50 to spend on the site and I was excited to get a nice print for my bedroom as I knew that notonthehighstreet.com sold some lovely and unique homeware. When I took a good look at the website I was suprised to find out that they also sell clothes.

Here is what I chose:


The dress is by a brand called Rise who I had not heard of before but I've now got my eyes on a few of their pretty last and embellished dresses. The dress fits wonderfully and the lace is soft and not scratchy at all. It's a lovely light dress even with a jersey slip underneath. It was delivered very quickly and arrived wrapped in lovely pink tissue paper. There are some great dresses on the site with a vintage feel, plenty of tea dresses and 50s shapes, all perfect for a special occasion.



I paired the dress with my trusty Topshop biker jacket and daisystreet allegra style boots.



My final pick was a print which I hope to get framed for my bedroom. I'm a huge Ben Whishaw fan and I adored the film he starred in called Bright Star about the poet John Keats. The film prompted me to read his poetry and I'm now more than a little in love. There are so many gorgeous prints to chose from on the site and lots of them can be customised to make great gifts or remind you of a special day.

I think notonthehigstreet.com cuts out a lot of the hard work for you as it searches for the best sellers to include on their site and they have so many products available. Do you try and buy from independent retailers?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

27 comments

  1. The dress looks lovely and goes perfectly with your leather jacket! I've used not on the highstreet before, they do have a great selection of gift ideas!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could spend hours on there, so many nice things for the home x

      Delete
  2. Love this dress & jacket combination :) I've never been on this website, but think I might have to have a look.
    Also, love the idea of putting poetry up on a wall, I love poetry but have never done this, I keep looking for something to stick up in my new home, think this'll be it! x
    Sirens and Bells

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Not On The Highstreet, their homeware section makes me want to buy my own home just to decorate it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dress...so chic, I love notonthehighstreet but I haven't visited the shop for a while and didn't know they did clothes so I am going to have a better look :)

    Love the post
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've bought some great gifts from NOTH, but had no idea they sold clothes too! That's really lovely =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dress is beautiful, never heard of the website, need to go check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore the outfit you put together! After seeing Bright Star I read Keats for the first time, and his poetry is just amazing. Did you see Ben in Richard II?
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! He was marvellous in it. If you watch Grandma's House you might notice that Iwan Rheons character is a parody of him x

      Delete
  8. i could spend hours trawling through notonthehighstreet, absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful dress, looks lovely on you :) Love the print as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the dress, I've been dying to find the perfect little white lace dress for a long time now. I'm checking out the website now (and crossing my fingers that they ship to the states). I haven't gotten around to watching 'Bright Star' yet, I had this feeling it would make me cry so I kept avoiding it.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, it probably will but it really is beautiful x

      Delete
  11. LOVE this look. Tough & Feminine all rolled in one:) xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love not on the highstreet , My boyfriend loves it to and he got me one of my first gifts from there years ago :] I love the print to xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaaw you can get some cute things on there, loads of wedding gift ideas too x

      Delete
  13. This sounds amazing, I love the dress on you and the print is so pretty!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is lovely, I never realised they did clothes either??? I do love their house bits though, could spend all day on that website!

    allaboutthegirlblog.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats a gorgeous dress, I have a similar black one that I love, I can never wear light colours though either gets filthy somehow or I look huge haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love notonthehighstreet I find it great for gift buying. Lovely dress by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That dress looks absolutely gorgeous with the jacket. I've seen a similar one by River Island - if only I wasn't so broke right now I'd buy it. Great blog!

    http://p0larmilk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love notonthehighstreet, I often visit it for gift ideas. I didn't realise they did clothes though! Will have to pay them another visit!

    You choose well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. sounds like a dangerous but excellent website! That dress was a perfect choice for you, it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this dress on you, toughening up lace with bikers is always a win and it looks like a great length too - some of mine have shrunk completely now : (

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Psst, just wanted to say it was lovely to see your face again at the meet yesterday :) Wish I could of spoken to you a whole lot more but I am sure I will see you again very soon xox

    ReplyDelete
  22. you look gorgeous , love the biker xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.