♥ Barbour

By Gem - 09:31:00

After umming and ahhing over what waterproof coat to buy for the past few weeks I finally made my decision. I went for the Barbour Beadham Waxed Jacket. I looked at cheaper waxed jackets and more sporty waterproof coats but I kept on coming back to the Beadham.
I was so excited when it arrived and put it on straight away. Its is nice and light with enough room to put some layers underneath in winter. I don't think I'm a typical Barbour customer but I love the quality and fit of the item and can't wait to wear it.

SANY5973
SANY5976

 I love the fact that the coat was handmade in the UK and Barbour 'remains true to its core values as a family business which espouses the unique values of the British Countryside and brings the qualities of wit, grit and glamour to its beautifully functional clothing.' I think this jacket will be with me for a very long time, such a classic item.

Quick post today as I'm off to see lots of my favourite people at #bloggersinbrum.Its going to rain all weekend so I can wear my new coat and stay dry :)


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. I'm so jealous. I'm currently saving for a waxed jacket and a quilted jacket from Barbour. It looks so nice on you :)

    xoxo
    Jessica
    from
    www.thecrownwings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) asos their own waxed jacket for about £60 and have some quilted Barbour ones on sale.

      Delete
  2. Oh it's lovely!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbours are so wonderfully British! It's a really lovely one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Barbour jacket, definitely worth investing in with all this rain and it's something you know you can wear year after year :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its come in handy loads this week already!

      Delete
  5. Ooh, that looks lovely! I'm currently saving up for a Barbour for this Autumn/Winter :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do like this, so tempted! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the posh kids at my university had those coats - kinda put me off because I'm not "rah" [as we called the private school students] enough to pull one off lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know what you mean. I'm from the valleys in south Wales so not posh at all ;)

      Delete
  8. Dying to own a Barbour coat !
    You look great in it :)
    A truly wise investment ( especially in this country ! )

    www.launainponderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Barbour jacket, I want one with a Liberty print lining! It was so lovely to see you this weekend!


    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The liberty one with rose lining had sold out :( boohooo We all need to hang out more often :) xx

      Delete
  10. Love that coat! It's perfect for this grey rainy weather that we're experiencing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would never really have thought of looking at Barbour jackets before but this one is so nice, you've made me want one too! I love the turn up cuffs.
    I really need a 'sensible' jacket as none of mine are waterproof or have hoods - not ideal for this weather! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been eyeing up Barbours for so long! I think they are great investment pieces xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the jacket and loving your blog - I've been following for a while and it's great :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I have a question about your jacket – what size do you wear? I'm buying one as well but I'm not really sure about the sizes – are they normal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise, they are true to size. I have a size 16 and it fits very well. If you plan on wearing loads of layers underneath if you're an outdoors type I would suggest sizing up x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.