Shadowplay

By Gem - 10:29:00

Right, I'm FED UP! Can it stop raining now please? Can't go out without getting soaked, I constantly have a cold and can't take photos in the garden. Moan over. I have used this bad weather as an excuse to buy a waterproof coat which I'm very excited about but more about that in a later post...

I've had a busy week going out for a friends birthday, seeing Kate Nash (who thinks its the 90s and is all riot grrl now) and going to the gym. I also had to say goodbye to the last of my friends who were studying in Cardiff for a year. They really have made the past year amazing and a special mention goes out to Julien who I am going to miss loads. I will think of you whenever I hear the song Primadonna!


#1 French!

This is what I'm wearing to work today, I managed to pick the skirt up in the Internacionale sale with a pencil skirt for only a tenner because sale items were buy one get one free, bargain. Went sales shopping yesterday and picked up a few things. The sales are actually good this year, lots of denim shorts, blazers and pretty party dresses. Not the usual weird or damaged things the shops put out.

(Please excuse the lack of skirting board etc STILL renovating the house)
SANY5941 

Skirt: Internacionale
T-shirt: eBay
Cardigan: H&M
Shoes: flat shoes, TUK c/o Spartoo
Earrings: New Look
Ring: Accessorize
Turquoise Ring


SANY5958
I'm off to Birmingham this weekend for shopping and cocktails, can't wait to get out of Cardiff for a couple of days. Got any tips for places to get cocktails and a hangover fry up?
p.s. there is a cdfblogs meet up on Monday, register and come along!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. That skirt looks lovely! Internacionale is always a shop I just walk straight past, but maybe I should have a look inside for bargains next time!
    I agree about the weather, it's awful at the moment. Hope you enjoy your weekend in Birmingham! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Me too, it is a bit teeny in there but they have a few nice things x

      Delete
  2. Ooh great outfit, love the colour of this skirt, I'm going to try and hunt down a pleated skirt in the sales!!

    allaboutthegirlblog.blogspot.com :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw some nice ones on Boohoo and Glamarous and RI had a few too :)

      Delete
  3. Love your outfit with the red skirt! I hardly ever go into internacionale but whenever i do i find such good bargains! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could we swap weather for a while? I can't get into this constant heat lark lol even though we have thunderstorms [we had them the entire day on Tuesday] they just don't seem to clear the air at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm going to birmingham this weekend too. you could go to pitcher and piano for cocktails, right by the canal, nice if the weather is good. i will probably be heading for walkabout for some embarrassing dancing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the tips! I'm off to Snobs I think.

      Delete
  6. I love the colour of the stone in that ring! Have a great weekend in Birmingham! :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress and totally echo your sentiments about this horrendous British weather. I would definitely like some sun now please.

    Laura
    mee-and-thee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this skirt, it is a great color and length. Do I spot a unicorn necklace in the last picture? Omgz!!

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah :) thhe girls who organised the Birmingham bloggers meetup last year gave it to me, love that necklace.

      Delete
  9. I cannot wait to see you! :D

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this outfit! Particularly the cute shoes.
    Have a great time in Birmingham =D I've never been.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the joy division top, i want one! that skirt looks really nice, i heard that internacionale actually use the same manufacturers as topshop so i think i need to have a look in there more often. the weather is so annoying, i hate being poorly! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh really?! I bet a lot of shops are like that. I've seen things in House of Fraser that are made from the same material as Primark clothes.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful outfit Gemma, the skirt is lush and really suits you!
    This weather is annoying now, but part of me is relieved that I haven't had to get my horrid legs out yet! I must buy a waterproof coat this payday, can't wait to see yours, may copy!
    Have a great weekend in Birmingham! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are just too gorgeous! Hope you are having a fabulous weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.