Bestival Wildlife fancy dress ideas

By Gem - 10:41:00

I'm very lucky to be going to Bestival with Sarah at the beginning of September(courtesy of Echo Falls), I'm really looking forward to it as I've never been before. I'm excited about everything: getting the ferry to the Isle of Wight, camping, seeing New Order (one of my all time favourite bands), hanging out with Sarah and I'm REALLY excited about the wildlife fancy dress theme on Sunday.
I'm pretty safe when it comes to my outfit choices so I'm going to use Bestival as an excuse to let my hair down and get carried away with the wildlife theme. My first google search for fancy dress and wildlife just led me to those 'sexy bumblebee' type outfits, not for me at all! I'm going to keep it subtle with some animal print and hair clips and maybe get some face paint and body glitter out.

Here are my top bestival picks:

bestival fancy dress, butterfly,

The gorgeous butterfly headbands are both from Crown and Glory and I just can't decide which one I like more, going to see how much I have left on payday after bills and treat myself to one of these. If I'm a tad skint I can opt for the New Look version in the sale, not quite as pretty though. The beetle earrings are from New Look, they would fit in great with the wildlife theme but I would also wear them again.

bestival fancy dress, bird print, butterfly print top

The butterfly and leopard print top are both from ASOS and again I think they are a subtle way to get involved in the fancy dress theme without buying a fancy dress outfit that you would never wear again. Getting into the spirit of things without going over the top. The bird print cover up is from AX Paris and I'm thinking of wearing this with a skater dress and will cover my shoulders if it's sunny (wishful thinking) The tie top is another New Look item.

bestival, fancy dress, nail wraps
The temporary tattoos are a good way of adding the wildlife theme to your look and I LOVE the lashes, how gorgeous are they? The wig reminded me of Katy Perry at the end of her Wide Awake video where she is wearing lots of flowers on her dress and there are butterflies, I think this is the look I will be going for.



Of course you need some sturdy shoes for a festival and the obvious choice are Hunter wellington boots. Practical and I like the croc effect. My final pick is the owl t-shirt from New Look which I might buy and not even take it to Bestival. It's only £7 and I can't resist.

Have you seen any lovely wildlife themed clothes that I could get for Bestival? I'm not very creative!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. The headbands are beautiful!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of going with lots of butterflies! Much more subtle =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all the fancy dress I've been able to find seems to be sexy bumble bee or sexy ladyb bird. No thanks!

      Delete
  3. This summer I missed going to a fest :( The butterfly top from Asos is just wonderful. Also love the booties and the owl top.

    XX http://miramodernonosoybethditto.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dressing up a bit when going to festivals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of buying items you'll wear again plus if they're proper clothes as oppose to fancy dress you'll be much more comfortable. I'd love to go to Bestival but going to the Isle of Wight means so much more effort. Have fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. BODY GLITTER. Please, please do that. It would be so much fun. xxx (ps, very jealous, not that it needs to be said)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hell yes, I've got some barry m boy glitter which I used for a 90s party recently :)

      Delete
  7. I'm off to Bestival too, so excited! I like the idea of butterflies! I've got an excellent peacock print sundress so I'll be donning some feathers and facepaint on the Sunday :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh peacock dress sounds lovely and you could go for some nice blue and green eye make up!

      Delete
  8. I love dressing up! I'm love to go to bestival, I would use facepaint to leopard print my face,arms and legs then wear shorts and a vesy top for practicality! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo just found this post and found it really helpful so thanks! I'm also going to Bestival and stressing about what to wear for the wildlife theme! Think I might go with an animal theme top with various accessories. A friend of mine who is also going does amazing facepaint so I might get her to help!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tips! I'm (hopefully) off to Leeds Fest this weekend for the first time and need all the advice I can get!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.