Je voudrais un verre de vin rouge, s'il vous plaît.

By Gem - 23:11:00

I went shopping today to get the last few bits for Bestival and Paris, so excited! I've got no free time now for the next few days. I've got work then cdfblogs tomorrow, then another day of work then I'm off to Bestival. I have a couple of days back before I go off Paris. I think I'm going to need a lot of coffee and wine to keep me going. I wore my new George dress, a New Look cardi and Primark belt to pop to to the shops. I've been wearing this outfit to work a lot recently, it's very comfy and quite smart for me as I've been wearing denim shorts to work for most of the summer. The dress was a bit of a bargain at £16 and has a dipped hem, one of my best workwear purchases in a while.

SANY6339

I've made a head start on packing and tried to make sure I've left enough time to get anything I've forgotten. I've got my fingers crossed for good weather so I've packed my sunglasses and my tour books as I want to do lots of walking in Paris (need to burn off the wine and cheese) I'm staying in a hostel, not very fancy so I went out and bought some essentials like a padlock for the lockers there and a adaptor for my phone charger and ghd's. This is the first time I've ever been away and not stayed at someones home, been with a school trip or been to a festival so I've had to make a list of things to pack and be practical or I would end up with a suitcase of clothes and not much else. I got a little wallet to put all my travel documents in and keep everything safe. I feel rather grown up!

Paris collage 1

I've got lots of new dresses for Paris in an effort to be chic, I'm going for lots of black and studs (how very a/w 2012) and a few more feminine dresses for the day to skip around in. I've bought some sassy new shapewear to help hide the bulge from all the rich French food and I never really need an excuse to splash out on new underwear. I figure all I need to fit in is a glass of red wine and big Bardot hair right?
I've streamlined my make up bag in preparation for Paris, I've packed my mini mascara and only gone for one day time lippy and one for the evening. I'm only going for three days so I'm sure I will survive without five different shades of pink lipstick.

Paris collage 2


I'm also going to take some comfortable shoes including my new Clarks boots.


I'm counting down the days until I leave, my long weekend in Paris can't come soon enough.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Paris is lovely, I'm so jealous! One tip for you regarding your ghds - the English plug actually unscrews to reveal a European plug hidden underneath! Something I discovered on my travels! It helps make them less bulky too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time! Love all the jewellery you're taking with you :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time, I love how perfectly you've planned your Parisian outfits, wish I was that organised when I go away.

    Enjoy Bestival too...so jealous!! :)

    allaboutthegirlblog.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only organised because I have Bestival too, so manic!

      Delete
  4. I am so jealous that you are going to Paris, I want to go!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very jealous, have fun in Paris! xx
    Sirens and Bells

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I really like your green belt! I don't think I've actually ever seen one that colour-clearly deprived xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. got it with a yellow one in a two pack from Primark in the sale for 50p!

      Delete
  7. Oh gosh! Gem you will love absolutely love Paris, I am so excited for you, I fell in love with the city and now my heart tells me I want to go back. It's such a beautiful place, we stayed in a small hotel near the Moulin Rouge (and tons of SEX shops) but it didn't really matter because we spent most of the days out sightseeing anyway, I wouldn't have wanted the luxury of a 5* it would have been wasted, I'm sure your hostel will be just fine.
    Have a wonderful time at Bestival too, can't wait to hear about your trip! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. going to try and remember to get a postcard for you :) so excited to just be in Paris, no idea what I will do there yet. Will be content to drink coffee and poeple watch xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh the dress is lovely! I am so jealous of you going to Paris, it's an amazing city.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww Gemma does this mean you won't be making our little afternoon tea on Saturday? :(

    I love this dress on you! Have an amazing time ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't worry Gemma, I will provide you with cheese and wine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving that George dress - you are a good bargain hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am off the same weekend, although I admit I am nowhere near as organised as you and am probably going to be rushing slightly this week to get it all done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.