Daisy Street boots

By Gem - 17:45:00

I've got first day of term blues (hence the miserable face in all the photos) students get excited to be back and see all of their mates, I just feel old and miss my uni days. Boohooo! I am looking forward to seeing Sarah this weekend though and I'm happy to see the return of all the lovely term time only staff that I work with.

I bought this dress when Topshop had free delivery because the store never had my size. It was £18 with student discount and the fit is great. I've now also got this dress in navy because I love it so much, can't go wrong with a plain jersey dress. Apparently there is flooding across the UK and the skies looked pretty grey when I left the house so I took the oppourtunity to wear the practical boots that Daisy Street sent me.

blog 018

Dress: Topshop
Shirt: Topshop
Necklace: Vivienne Westwood
Shoes: Daisy Street

patent boots

The boots have gone through puddles and my feet have stayed dry and I wore them to work and there aren't any marks of scuffs on them like I was expecting because they are so high shine. I think these boots are a bit of a bargain at £24.99 as real Dr Martens are over £100. I know the real deal might last a lifetime but I'm fickle when it comes to fashion and these are the next best thing.

blog 019

Moody face!

I have lots of pairs of shoes and boots from Daisy Steet including a pair of Topshop style allegra boots which I've worn to death and are very comfortablle. The site has also branched out into clothes which are very affordable and I've included a code below for a cheeky little discount. (There are always some good discounts on the facebook page too)
                                                                  



Hope all of you students returning to uni have a fun freshers week. If it is your first year and you're new, don't be afraid to ask staff (people like me in the library) questions, it's what we are there for. If you are going to Cardiff Uni come and say hi to me!              

p.s. selling a few bits on ebay and will be adding loads more this week which you can see here
                                                                   

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. LOVE THESE! Ayden also posted some cheap dr marten esque boots which are only 20 squid!! Im having real dilemmas trying to decide winter non wet footwear that is affordable! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually like Doc Martens but I like these - not sure how that works! Your discount image thing isn't showing up btw xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! I can see it so not sure what the problem is, will get on that. It's daisy10 for 10% off though xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want some Docs but they're expensive! I might have to invest in some like these! I know how you feel, I miss uni too! It's so weird seeing all the new students around and not being a part of it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so handy for this horrible rain!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those boots are amazing! x

    Please check out my latest outfit blog post http://neenyswishlist.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/ootd-just-call-me-gallagher.html x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those boooots! Perfect for this weather, or all year!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice boots and what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. wooooo I'm going to have firecracker at wagamama :) xx

      Delete
  10. They're so shiny, I'm like a magpie drawn to them! If you want to get some cheap DMs, Secret Sales have some for about £60 for the next few days. I've just bought some wedged ones and they're so pretty! xx

    Shopped and Dropped

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh not heard of secret sales before, will check it out!

      Delete
  11. I have to say, these may be my next purchase, I can;t really afford DMs at the moment! :(

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those boots look lovely, I could definitely be doing with a pair like that today for going out in this horrible weather! I've always fancied a pair of Dr Martens but was worried I wouldn't wear them that much, might have to treat myself to a bargain pair instead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want some of those Liberty print Docs, but they're even more expensive than regular Docs...

    Two of my friends have transferred to Cardiff! Their PhD supervisor got a job there and they went too. I'm planning a visit!

    The students being back is driving me mad. It takes so much time to get around campus now, and buying lunch? Forget about it! Buying a coffee takes long enough. (I'm an awful grump - love them really.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah you look lovely, not a grump at all.

    Love the boots! I have no patience for investing in expensive shoes (with the exception of Irregular Choice) so I'm totally with you there. Always buy the shiny ones!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the boots they are awesome
    xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.