Paris

By Gem - 23:20:00

I've just come back from Paris and had the most amazing but tiring weekend. I'm going to warn you, this is a rather photo heavy post. I went to Paris for my friend Emma's birthday and also to meet up with some of our French friends who are studying there. Two and a bit days just wasn't enough but we managed to cram a lot in.

I wore my new Topshop t-shirt and pleated leather skirt to travel in, not the best choice for dragging a huge case in as the skirt was a little short but then I've never very practical...

IMG_0002


I needed some comfortable shoes for Paris so I chose these flat shoes from Clarks. They are real leather and rubbed me so badly, do not walk eight hours a day in new shoes. I learnt the hard way :(
We stayed in a great little hostel called Le Montclair in Montmartre. Montmartre is a beautiful area where lots of artists lived like Dali, Modigliani, Monet and van Gogh lived and it is where AmƩlie was filmed.

IMG_0016

SacrĆ©-Cœur Basilica, so many steps to get here!

IMG_0018

A MĆ©tro original art nouveau entrance

IMG_0019


IMG_0041


IMG_0053


Love locks

IMG_0058

Went a little crazy in here and spent loads on make up and cleansers, reviews to follow!

IMG_0059

LadurƩe Macaron
s

IMG_0093


Picnic in a park on the Seine

IMG_0100


Notre Dame

IMG_0108


A great little book shop near Notre Dame called Shakespeare and Company. Sadly it was full of hipsters but it had a reading room upstairs where someone was playing the piano, very charming. They had some great second hand books here but also lots of new books in English with limited edition covers. This was a great little place to spend an hour.

I loved Paris so much that I'm already planning my next trip in the new year.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. Lucky girl ! Those are great pictures. I love paris !!!
    My Blog - A Pretty Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like the most amazing time! Your picnic with wine and baguettes and olives looks absolutely perfect, you can't beat bread, cheese and wine in my opinion, probably one of my favourite dinners (simple pleasures!) I loved that little bookshop by Notre Dame, even though it was hispter-y I agree it was very charming. And can I just say you are looking absolutely gorgeous in all these photos, that leopard print dress is lovely on you. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've put about 7lbs on after all the burgers at Bestival and cheese in France!! argh The shop was so cute, could have stayed in there for hours if my mates let me. Thanks :) I didn't see anyone in Paris in leopard print and studs, they were all so chic and I felt a bit Kat Slater x

      Delete
  3. Lovely pictures Gem, I was in Paris a few weekends ago and had such an amazing time, it's a gorgeous place. I loved Shakespeare and Co. there are a few English book stores in Paris but S&C is definitely the best. We also stayed in Montmartre and went to Sacre Coeur in the evening, so beautiful! Sounds like you had a really lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was soooo nice, didn't have enough time to do everything I wanted to do but that's a good excuse for another trip x

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a great time! The bookshop looks lovely and your picnic picture made me want wine, bread, cheese and olives so badly! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing, I really want to go to Paris! I hope your feet feel better soon, there's nothing worse than blisters :(

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those shoes will be amazing when they are worn in, scared to put them on again though :(

      Delete
  6. OHHHHH GEM I am SO jealous! Your photos look beautiful, you lucky girl! I love that leopard print dress you're wearing, you little minx ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riiiiight, bloggers trip to Paris ;) Thanks, it was a bargain on asos xx

      Delete
  7. Looks like you had a great time, and perfect outfits :) Can't believe I've never been to Paris, and I live in London...so easY!!

    allaboutthegirlblog.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are beautiful - looks like you had a great time. While i've been to France, never got around to visiting Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you bring back any Brie? :) I don't think anyone could go to Paris and not fall in love. Such a beautiful city xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish! no more cheese for me, put about 6lbs on in France eek

      Delete
  10. It looks like you had a beautiful trip!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos Gemma, am glad to hear you crammed a lot in. That picnic had me drooling.
    Love the outfits especially the travel one xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like u had a great time! loving your cute outfits! i so want to visit paris now! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had an amazing time, everything look so beautiful. I really like teh idea of the love locks. I love your leather pleated skirt I've had my eye on getting it for ages but I can never find it an dthey cost a bomb on ebay xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will keep an eye out for you! Sarah bought mine in the Oasis sale for me x

      Delete
  14. This so makes me want to go back! i havent been for about 8 years! Such an awesome place. And you looked Tres chic!! i did the same thing with a clarks pair of shoes when i went to Italy, they rubbed me so badly i wanted to cry!! :(xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Paris, I'm so glad you had such a good time Gem, it's such a truly magical place like no other xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.