Wedding Belles

By Gem - 12:23:00

My friends Sarah and Adam got married on Wednesday and it was such a lovely day. I have known the couple since the age of 16 and they are an unconventional pair who suit each other perfectly.

I have been looking forward to the day for ages and I bought my dress from Monsoon months ago. Me and all my friends went to get our make up done in the morning in MAC and Illamasqua, I had a little 'moment' because I thought my make up made me look like a drag queen but we were running so late I didn't have time to change it. Sorry for the hissy fit girls (if you are reading this).

We got to Tredegar House just in time for the ceremony and the building was gorgeous. I can't believe I have never visited before because it is pretty close to my house.



Doesn't it look grand?
Sarah's son Jonathan stopped the ceremony to take photos 'CHEESE MUMMY! photos!' cutest thing ever.


Loved the detail on Sarah's dress and she had lovely wedding shoes too, which were flat sho she could dance in them all night.


 Heart shaped Welsh cakes mmmm


Picked up this dress in the Monsoon sale for £28, I didn't manage to get a nice shot of my outfit with my bag and shoes because as soon as we stepped outside for photos it started to rain, total nightmare.


Love this photo of me and all the girls :) All the best/horrendous photos were taken on disposable cameras and my instant camera. Can't wait to get them developed.
Here is one of my instax shots-



I can't wait to get home tonight, put my PJ's on and watch a bit of TV. Working 12-9.30 and attending the wedding have really tired me out. I'm feeling old now, all the new students coming in the library are 18 and my friends are getting married and having kids. Scary stuff.

Have you been up to anything special this week? Have you got any funny wedding stories?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. You look so pretty Gem! The dress is gorgeous, such lovely colours.
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dress! You look gorgeous, and your make-up isn't drag-queeny at all!

    The Deer Head

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can get married in Tredegar House?! Why did I not know this aha. Gorgeous dress xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful and it looks like your friends had a lovely wedding, congratulations!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress looks lovely, a bargain too! Love the heart shaped welsh cakes, love little touches like this they make the day extra special! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you look lush and your make up looked fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, congrats to your friends!
    Your dress is gorgeous, Monsoon always have the best sales. And your makeup looks lovely too, not drag queen-ish at all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea you could get married in Tredegar House! That's so cool, it looks beautiful from the glimpse I get when I pass it on the M4 ;)

    You look lovely, not drag queen-esque at all, don't worry!

    Oh, and I LOVE the heart shaped Welsh cakes. Such a fun touch!

    missish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had a lovely time :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome dress and you don't look like a drag queen at all. Here's a funny wedding story. My friends Jack and Claire got married last month and the funniness involves Jack. During the church ceremony when they knelt down to be blessed, everyone started sniggering. Turned out that Jack's dad had written HELP on the bottom of his shoes with masking tape! The couple found it hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look gorgeous, your make up is flawless and definitely doesn't make you look like a drag queen! I always get that feeling for some reason after having my make up done professionally haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you look gorgeous!! Love your dress! Lovely pictures, I do love a good wedding :P

    L x

    ReplyDelete
  13. everything looks gorgeous, especially their venue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like a lovely wedding. Tredgar House is a stunning wedding venue, we've been there for a few wedding fayres.
    You don't look like a drag queen at all - you look amazing as does everyone else xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gutted to hear you were upset about the make-up, but I have to say I think you look stunning! Definitely NOT like a drag queen at all! Sounds like a wonderful day, and I love the idea of welsh-cake favours, how lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the comment, drinking with the locals sounds quite fun. I love proper fancy dress but drinking just isnt my thing. You look gorgeous in these pictures :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look amazinggg! Aw I love a good wedding, it's so wild i'm 21 and I cant even imagine being in a relationship let alone married haha!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That dress is amazing! I absolutely love it...looks great on you too...don't you love sales? And weddings? I just had my own four months ago!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like such a beautiful day! I love weddings :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. You do not look drag queeny at all you silly sally! The makeup looks great against your dress!

    I can't seem to escape the excitement of weddings at the moment though, I don't want to wait a whole 10 months for mine

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you look so stunning in your dress! Beautiful lady <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh you looked the best of the lot! not even a hint of drag queenish-ness! your make-up really matches in with your beautiful dress too!

    http://thewoollenmitten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. phew thanks guys! I always keep my make up simple so it was a bit of a shock to me x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.