Do I still love you or is it just lust?

By Gem - 20:46:00


I thought the Frankie and the Heartstrings lyric in the post title sums up my dress lusting at the moment. I don't really need any of these dresses but I do really want them!

The first dress is £45 from Evans or style369 and I think it would be great for work and would be easily adapted for a night out with some heels and a statement necklace. Very practical and very wearable.

The next dress is so beautiful and a bit tacky which is just what I like. It's also a steal at £28 from Tesco and I am in love with the print. I think I would wear it with some black tights and a cropped black cardigan.

The third dress is from River Island and I saw it in black before Christmas. I tried it on and fell in love, it was only a size 14 which is way smaller than my usual size but it looked fab. I left it and tried to find a size 16 or 18 and it had sold out everywhere and I thought I had lost the dress forever but it's back in a brown/mink shade and is £49.99 which is a tad pricey but I'm thinking about getting it for a wedding I have in the summer.

What do you think? Shall I be sensible or splurge?!

What are you lusting after at the moment?

If you want to ask any questions or chat you can follow me on twitter
xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Splurge, everyone is allowed a treat once a month! Its gorgeous!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I LOVE the Tesco dress especially!

    Splurge! You only live once after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also agree with splurge! The river island mink dress is perfect for summer and just dressy enough without being too overdone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the middle dress, if I wasn't on a credit card ban this month I would be buying that right about now!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last dress is so lovely! I love the detail on it, would definitely be perfect for a wedding. I like the versitality of the first dress too. I'm going to say splurge, it's got to be done and I don't think you'll regret it ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all three dresses. I bought the third in black and wore it lots and lots over christmas.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like the little devil on the shoulder but definitely go on and treat yourself! Especially since you've been lusting after that last dress for so long! It would look lovely at a wedding x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the mood for a splurge too, I've seen so many nice things! :) I love the last dress and if it's for a special event then it's perfect. The Tesco one is a beauty too though!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the print on the tesco dress but would have to cut that netting out. Why didnt you get the black one?! If you still love it after all this time I say BUY!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are all such a bad influence on me :) deffo going to get one of them xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. NEED that middle dress! I'm going to join in being a bad influence & say splurge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww what a shame i have the evans dress unworn in size 22 would have gladly given it to you if it was your size

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm seriously lusting after some Topshop dresses right now, through I was flicking through the Tesco catalogue yesterday and saw some beauties in there too.

    I vote for the River Island one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would go for the river island one since you've been lusting after it for so long and you can also say it's for the wedding too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. All three dresses are beautiful! I am really drawn to the floral one, the print is lovely. Number 3 is pricey but if you are going to a wedding this may just be the perfect dress, such stunning detailing too xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gem, I cannot give you sound advice, I bought two dresses yesterday off Etsy, and worked out that in February I had SIX dresses.

    If you want to found a dresses-anonymous support group, I'm your girl.

    Miss P xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love tesco clothing, have had some totally brilliant things from there!
    i like them all, although i am drawn to a good print, so the tesco one probably wins!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Splurge. The RI dress is beautiful and if it's for a wedding then I think it is a reasonable price. You want to feel special at these occassions. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. That River Island dress is very Rihanna, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.