Spotlight on Cardiff Bloggers

By Gem - 20:30:00

I thought I would start a new feature called 'spotlight' where I introduce you to some of the best local bloggers.

The first person I would like to shine a spotlight on is Lucy Sherriff and her blog Vintage Cardiff.



Lucy reviews vintage shops and charity shops in Cardiff and shares all her best finds with you. I think her blog will be a one stop shop for everything vintage.


Can you tell me a little about yourself?
I am 21 years old, studying a PgDip in Newspaper Journalism at Cardiff University.
I love food, fashion, travel and my dog J

How would you describe your style?
My style is mostly a mish-mash of high street and vintage, and whatever I can find in a charity shop. My best looks always come from teaming one signature, good quality piece with charity shop bargains.

Where do you get your inspiration?
I mostly get my style from people watching! I love seeing what everyone else is wearing, and I am inspired by women with original and unique styles.
I find it quite disheartening when I see people dressed head to toe in whatever the latest Topshop mannequin is wearing… it’s just plain lazy!

What is the best item you have found in a charity shop?
My best charity shop find has to be a faux fur mid-length brown coat, which I found in a shop in Gleneagles, Scotland, and paid £10 for. Also, in the same shop, I found a real ostrich skin bag, which usually retail at about £900…I paid £5.50.

Can you give my readers a top tip for finding a charity shop/vintage bargain
My top tips for finding charity shop bargains is to not be put off by their window displays. Most of the staff there are volunteers, and won’t be trained in visual merchandising. You have to be prepared to have a good root around. Don’t be disappointed if you don’t find anything in the first one. Be persistent!

Where is your favourite place in Cardiff?
Cardiff is home to so many amazing places to shop, eat and drink. The best places are often the ones tucked away in arcades. My favourite place for lunch has to be The Plan café in Morgan Arcade. They serve the most amazing homemade soup, and they try to make sure all their dishes are organic and locally sourced. Milgi’s on City Road is a kooky little café by day, bar by night and is a great place to go for a drink. Their cocktails are out of this world, and at night, the place comes alive with Cardiff’s coolest and most fashionable people. Make sure you get there early to nab a place in the yurt- a tent out the back complete with sofas, beds and fairy lights (great place for a date!).

Thank you Lucy for answering all of my questions!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. cute blog! I’ll follow you!
    I have a fashion blog too, I hope u'll be one of my followers:-)
    thanks:-)
    VERONICA
    http://lifegivemefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog post! Can't wait to see more :)

    xoxo
    Natasha
    http://chiccurve.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your blog...i'm a cardiff blogger too. It's meant to be fashion inspired by I keep going off on a tangent about other things. oops.

    http://tallullahelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.