Newport Wetlands - Jord Fieldcrest Maple Watch

By Gem - 18:30:00


Dress: Fat Face - Jumper: Fat Face: Watch: c/o Jord - Boots: Spartoo




Jord focus on creating timepieces that are modelled after a modern lifestyle. They value sustainability and efficiency and make their watches for people who don't just have somewhere to be, they have somewhere to go. This ethos prompted me to get up and go and explore my local area, connect with the outdoors and make the most of my day off instead of staying in and watching junk TV.

I headed to the RSBP Wetlands in Newport and I think my watch blended in with the surroundings beautifully. Cetti's warblers and bearded tits can be seen and heard in the reedbeds, and ducks, geese and swans visit the reserve in large numbers during the winter. There are spectacular views of the Severn estuary all year round.

I love the understated design of my watch and this looks great with a casual outfit or can be a focal point with a simple and modern outfit. The watch I'm wearing is the Jord Fieldcrest made from a soft coloured Maple. It's surprising light for a watch that is made from wood and makes a real statement, I've had lots of compliments whenever I wear it as it's so unusual and unique. It also makes a beautiful alternative to the severe black band of the Daniel Wellington watch I wear on most days or my more dainty watches. I like the idea that all the watches are unique and the grain of the wood will be slightly different on each watch. 

Are you a watch wearer? Let me know what you think about my Jord watch in the comments below.
Mens Wooden Watches

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I've seen so many of these wooden watches about and have to say I wasn't a fan but yours is so beautiful. Even though it's made out of wood it still looks dainty and very girly!

    Georgia

    Georgia Petite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would be heavy on my wrist but it isn't at all, love mine x

      Delete
  2. That's a lovely watch. I didn't even know you could get wooden watches! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That watch looks great. I haven't been to the Newport wetlands, they do look like a really awesome place to go x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your jumper looks so snuggly! Perfect outfit for walking! What a beautiful place for outfit shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super snuggly! I always worry about looking bulky in a jumper but this is so comfy I don't care x

      Delete
  5. Your jumper looks so snuggly! Perfect outfit for walking! What a beautiful place for outfit shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the watch-- I don't know if it is something I'd seek out on my own-- but seeing it on you, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.