Team Norbury

By Gem - 10:58:00

I spent the weekend with some lovely blogger friends at Norbury Manor in Derbyshire. A relaxing weekend away was just what I needed and I had such a wonderful time. I was more than a little sad to leave and had a full on strop when I returned to work after such a perfect trip. I do wish all weekends could be like this, it was such fun pretending to be lady of the manor. I want to say a big thank you to to Alex 
for organising the trip, Chloe (for ordering and preparing all the food) Sarah (for making some amazing cake), Alice, Sophie, Sarah, Char, Bex, Lucy, Rosie and Maria for putting up with me on the train and having to share a room with me. I really don't shut up so well done Maria.

I've already shared a few snaps of my weekend away with you in my previous post but I took over 200 photos that weekend and wanted to show you how beautiful the house was so prepare yourself for a photo heavy post...

IMG_1342

My home for the weekend

IMG_1305

The room that Lucy and Bex shared

IMG_1332

Medieval Hall and knot garden attached to the house

IMG_1346

Alpacas that we found on our walk around the manor and surrounding area

IMG_1336

Rosie's dog Bodhi who is now my new best friend. Loved this little guy!

IMG_1349

4/5 members of Team Where Are My Knees?

IMG_3926

Posing in front of Rosie's camera on self timer, there are some hilarious outtakes from these group photos.

IMG_1313

Gorgeous window seat in the room that Maria and I shared

IMG_1376

Larking about

IMG_1450

It was so nice to spend a weekend relaxing in the country instead of a city break where you're always rushing about. We started off our weekend by meeting for some pub grub in Ashbourne and Jenni joined us for this. We all tucked in to some humungous burgers and then headed off to the manor. When we arrived I ran into every room, opened all the cupboards and jumped on my bed. I was so excited and frolicked about like a mad woman. We spent the rest of our evening relaxing and enjoyed a lovely meal cooked by Chloe and opened out presents which Alex generously bought us. I got a leopard print bag which is VERY me. Thanks Alex!

The rest of the weekend was spent playing board games, eating too much cake, watching Clueless and 10 Things I Hate About You, exploring the gardens and just generally having a girly chit chat and enjoying the beautiful surroundings.

I'm currently experiencing a bit of a post-holiday comedown and I'm feeling thoroughly miserable. Life isn't the same when you're not lady of the manor.

*edit -  Had to add this, Alex made it and I think its AMAZING




P.S. Fat Frocks now has a facebook page

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. This sounds like the perfect weekend! Manor house, dogs, Clueless, cakes....oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous! I love the random alpaca cuteness too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've been completely spoilt by it. I now expect to wake up every morning in an enormous bedroom, swan around feeling posh and then have amazing meals cooked for me. Real life is rather dull by comparison!

    And I miss you! Life is more fun when there's a Gem in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gem, it was SO lovely to see you, you were the best roomie <3

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gem I miss the Manor too! We were truly spoilt by the gorgeous decor - I'm longing to be back in such a lovely setting. I think we each in turn got something from this weekend and hats off to Alex for organising such an amazing trip!
    p.s We've GOT to do this again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow looks like you had an amazing time!!! Such a stylish bunch of ladies.
    What a beautiful place to stay!

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we're all having withdrawal symptoms! What a fab weekend, and so lovely to meet you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like so much fun!! What beautiful surroundings and the doggy <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww thanks for the little mention :) was lovely to meet you! It looks like you all had a fab time!

    Jenni xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the running towards the camera gif! Sounds like you all had an amazing time, I am well jel.

    I can't believe I just typed 'well jel'. What have I become?!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Garden is like something from Edward scissor hands :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.