Bad Blood

By Gem - 16:32:00

This week has been very busy again, I'm really starting to miss working part time. I feel like there's never enough hours in the day and taking any photos for the blog is becoming impossible because my official photographer (my reluctant brother) also has a full time job now. Time to invest in a tripod? Enough of the moaning though, it's been very busy but also a rather lovely week.

I thought I would share what I've been doing in work all week as I don't talk about my job on here that often. It can be a little dull sometimes, with the same routines everyday but I like to get stuck in with the fun marketing initiatives in work. We wanted to gather feedback about the libraries from the students but also promote our collections and make the students aware of the history of Wales.

Apparently St David's last words were 'Do the little things' so we asked the students what little things can we do to make a big improvement to the libraries? I handed out free mini Welsh cakes to bribe the students to leave feedback on a post-it note and I made a little display about some famous Welsh people and displayed some lovely books from our Welsh collection.

IMG_1236

I can safely say that my paper daffodil making skills highlight the fact that I was never meant to be an artist but might of been a good primary school teacher.

Some of the more serious feedback comments are below. Some did just say 'we love Welsh cakes' or 'ERASMUS 2013 WOOO' but I'm very happy with the amount of feedback we got. Just have to type them all up now, eek.
IMG_1244

After a manic week I didn't commit myself to a night out on the weekend and I've been enjoying early nights, a roast dinner and a day of listening to my favourite records. All my records and CDs have been in thr attic since I moved house last year so I got up there and brought down a selection of my favourites which I've been itching to play for months.
IMG_1249

IMG_1248

I also bought copies of some new releases this week like the Bastille album and the Christopher Owens one, I'm loving both. I try to make an effort to buy dircect from the bands so they get more of a share of the profit and you benefit too because they usually sign them or include some free gifts. I've always bought my music online but I popped into Spillers Records to pick up the Christopher Owens album and managed to get loads of free music mags to read on the train home.

IMG_1253

What have you been up to this week and what records should I buy next? Always on the lookout for some new music.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I love your little display, you really would have been a good Primary Teacher looking at that!

    Working full time can get in the way of blogging, so annoying! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I want the Bastille album!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get a signed one if you get it from their website :)

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain on the full time working versus blogging front. I found it helped me when I looked at blogging as more of a fun hobby, so I always felt I had time for it. It was better than me going 'Oh god I have to post tonight'. Also I love Bastille too, I've missed out on his concerts though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's only a hobby but it's way more fun that work ;)

      Delete
  4. Love listening to records, and glad to hear that Spillers is still there! Wish I'd had mini Weksh cakes on Friday... xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww I love Bastille! I really wanna see them over the summer at some point, is he gigging? I know the feeling with finding it hard to blog, I'm SO busy all of the time, but I always enjoy your posts Gem, with or without your face in them ;) ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Bastille! I saw them on Friday and they were amazing, I'm seeing them again in May! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw them support Two Door Cinema Club but their own tour is sold out :( Will see them again at Bestival though woo xx

      Delete
  7. I love the daffodils, they are so pretty! :) I know what you mean with working full time, sometimes I feel like I can't catch up with myself!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. the new biffy clyro album is amazing! i'd definitely recommend that.
    maroon 5 are releasing some pretty good stuff too lately ;)
    Rosie xo
    A Pocketful of Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.