The Doctor's Wife

By Gem - 10:38:00

Tuesday was a very busy day off, I had a date (eek), went shopping, hung around the filming of Dr Who and went out delivering leaflets for the PCC election (find out more info about this and who your candidates are here) I needed a comfortable and warm outfit but one that showed my personality so this is what I wore:

Horrors

Jacket: Topshop
Skirt: River Island
T-shirt: Asos
Shoes: flat shoes Clarks c/o Spartoo

I own loads of band t-shirts but they are never a good fit. Girls ones are too short and tight and mens ones are too big so I snapped up this ASOS Horrors t-shirt and haven't stopped wearing it. It's got rolled up sleeves and a nice open neckline. Perfect! I get a little annoyed when I see kids wearing Joy Division t-shirts from Urban Outfitters but I do actually love The Horrors so its allowed ;)

I've spoken about it on here before and I really do love Dr Who. When I found out they were filming opposite my house by following the #dwsr tag I let out a little squeal of joy. I saw some cybermen, Warwick Davis and MATT SMITH!! argh I didn't nearly pass out like the time I met Arthur Darvill but I did have a little swoon. Matt stopped to talk to everyone before heading back to Cardiff after a day of shooting and I can't wait to see the episode they filmed in my home town. They also filmed The Doctor's Daughter in my town along with Upstairs Downstairs and some of Sherlock.

matt smith

I also wanted to briefly show you my new make up brushes. I picked these up in Harvey Nicks when I was in Manchester last week and gave them a trial on my day off. They cost £20 for the set which is a great price for five brushes, these would make a great present as the packaging is very festive. I've only used the foundation brush and powder brush so far but I'm very impressed.

stila make up brushes

After an exciting week (with good work related news) I'm looking forward to a fairly quiet weekend with a few birthday celebrations and the annual constituency dinner. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. Oh, I love the tee. I have built up quite a collection of band tees over the years, but I always go for the mens ones as I hate tight-fitting tees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got some embarassing band tees like Kaiser Chiefs and Gallows, I have odd and constantly changing taste in music.

      Delete
  2. Love this outfit, in fact I think I'd quite like to replicate it myself! Exciting news about the date, I hope it went well :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pics! I love your outfit:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those brushes look lovely and a great price for £20! I love the colour of your skirt, hope the date went well ;) Just been to vote in the elections and the clerks said how low the turnout had been in my area, such a shame but most people don't seem to bother

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEK Matt Smith! ;) LOVE this outfit on you, hope the date went well :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit, love your skirt. Hope your date went well and yum at Matt Smith! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I wore a Joy Division t-shirt (I am OBSESSED with Curtis) would that bother you too? ;) Lookin' lush mrs, we need to go to a gig together soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes!! we should :) send you a photo on twitter xx

      Delete
  8. Wahhhh, so jealous of your matt smith spot! We went down to London last year to see Arthur Darvill in Faust at the Globe...pretty much just to soak up the Rory awesomeness. We had odd seats behind a pillar and could just see his nose peeking out from behind it for ages- that nose is a damned good actor, I swear it. Lovely outfit too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recently saw Darvill in Our Boys and loved it! He was very good in it and Lawrence Fox was too. I'de be happy to just see his nose to be honest. We did a bit of stage door lurking and met him after too, nice chap.

      Delete
  9. Date?? I'm excited by this haha! Hope it went well. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes The Horrors! I love The Horrors! I used to have an "I Am Horror" t-shirt but after years of wearing it religiously we had to part ways. I love band t-shirts but I agree the girls ones are always too tight and short, I normally just opt for the mens and cut the neckline off and roll up the sleeves. It's amazing they filmed Dr. Who on your street! I believe they film alot of stuff in Wales. I have one of those skater skirts from River Island too, in a different shade of red.

    http://adventureswithcupcake.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's pretty much all filmed in Wales on location and on set. They filmed a bit of the western themed one from the last series in Spain and some in New York but 80% of it is done here. We have the Dr Who Experience down thw bay which I;m dying to see too. Aaaw I have one of those tees too, reminds me of the old Spider Webb and Cofffin Joe days x

      Delete
  11. I just shared this post with another blog friend who loves dr who! She is going to be so excited that they're filming near you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deidre was right - I am literally fangirl flailing with envy right now.

      Delete
    2. I follow the DWSR tag on twitter to find out where they are :) x

      Delete
  12. Those Stila brushes are lovely, your outfit is lovely and Matt Smith is lovely!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the tee and the skirt! Also how gorgeous does Matt Smith look!? He is so nice :)
    http://shopaholiconashoestring.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for the date!! and yay for Dr Who, also a massive fan here! Was working the entire Doctor Who Convention in the WMC this year so got to see all the cast a few times! It is fun! I dont really do band tee's, but Jon has lots. Like you said they tend to have a bad fit, so i wear the ones I have to sleep in. God if you taste in music is varied mine is totally weird. I have Dolly Parton, Jethro Tull, Meatload and Tom Jones t-shirts, hehehe! You go to lots of gigs though, I tend to see dance shows and musicals. Have fun this week!!
    Daisy Dayz
    Cross-Jones-Photography

    ReplyDelete
  15. I understand what you mean about the band tee-shirts, I have a ritual where I have to buy one for every concert I go to, but they are always really small so I usually just buy a medium mens one. Saying that, I got a large ladies at Maximo Park and its pretty damn good, no horrible cap sleeves and a good neckline! Rolled up sleeves are lush though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.