Sienna Couture & John Lewis Event

By Gem - 18:00:00

I was at a loss for what to wear to the John Lewis press event in Cardiff last week, I never know what to wear to these kind of things so I went for classic black but with a bit of a twist. Sienna Couture kindly sent me this dress a few weeks ago and I've been dying to wear it and try out the peplum trend which has completely passed me until now. I wore a Sienna Couture dress to the Cosmo Blog Awards last year and they are always a brand I go to if I want something  for a night out or a special occasion.
I was a little scared about wearing a bodycon dress but I think it looked nice and the peplum nipped me in at the waist. For a night out I would maybe add a colourful belt or patterned  tights.

Sienna Couture

Shoes: Vivienne Westwood via Urban Outfitters
Necklace: eBay

You can get 20% off this dress and everything else on Sienna Couture by using the code 'SIENNA20'

sienna couture banner

After quickly changing before leaving work I headed to Soda Bar in Cardiff which has been completely transformed by the John Lewis team into a winter wonderland filled with all the 'must have' gifts for this year.

IMG_0650

Me and Laura posing and drinking lots of cocktails.

John Lewis press event

Very chic 'old Hollywood glamour' type of dress.

NARS

I spend ages looking at the make up and chatting to the lovely people from Nars and YSL who kindly gave me some samples and talked me through all the key looks for the Christmas party season. I loved the Nars Edie box with everything in there to create her classic 60s look but I will resist because I need to stop buying presents for myself and start buying them for my family ready for Christmas.

John Lewis Dollhouse

John Lewis had brought all the latest gadgets and toys that kids would want for Christmas for us to try out but I know that I would have been far more impressed if Santa had brought me this pretty little dolls house. I never was one for games consoles.

John Lewis Festive


The event definitely got my in the Christmas spirit and got me thinking about gift ideas and decorations. I'm also pretty excited about watching The Muppet's Christmas Carol on Christmas eve which is a bit of a tradition in my house. "Light the lamp not the rat!"

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. You look gorgeous in that dress! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is lovely. You look so pretty. I always love John Lewis at Christmas, it looks like a good night xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cocktails and make up make the perfect event :)

      Delete
  3. You look gorgeous in that dress Gem! I love visiting big department stores near Christmas, really puts you in a festive mood :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love John Lewis, but nowhere near as much as I love you in that dress! The peplum really suits you (: xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) need to go otu dancing more so I can wear it!

      Delete
  5. You look lovely, John Lewis is fab at Christmas!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this so much! You look so beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fab. Muppet Christmas carol is my favourite Christmas film, we watch it every year. Is it acceptable for me to watch it yet?xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should watch it now and everyday until Christmas!

      Delete
  8. Swit swoo Gemma you are one hot chic! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. love john lewis over christmas. also you are looking fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look gorgeous hun, I adore your VW shoes :) The event looks a lot of fun! I adore the Muppets, can't wait to get my Muppets polishes out again and a Christmas Carol :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the smell of those shoes, my mum thinks I'm mental when I sniff them but Melissa shoes smell so good haha xx

      Delete
  11. you look stunning I love the dress and the shoes! I sort of wantthat dolls house too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have one, if I ever have kids they will be having one. Reminds me of Mary Poppins when the dolls house was opening during 'spoonful of sugar'...

      Delete
  12. I have the NARS nail varnish set and I'm so impressed by how long the colours last once they're on the nail. Definitely worth investing in!
    Cx

    www.shoppedanddropped.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This dress is lovely! I love all the Nars Andy Warhol stuff!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I watch the Muppets Christmas carol on Christmas eve too! It is perhaps the best version of the dickens classic I've ever seen...

    Sarah x
    sarahloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally agree about the doll's house, I was way more impressed with all the traditional toys and the cute felted advent calendar than with the gadgets! I'm not sure I could pull off the peplum trend but that dress looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The dolls house is absolutely gorgeous. I love!

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the dress on you. Your figure was enviable with that waist! John Lewis put on a great event & that photo of me is shocking!

    Laura xo
    Whatlauradid.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dolls housee!!!

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.