Russian Red

By Gem - 13:55:00

I saw this Primark dress on a blog ages ago (maybe Sarah's but I can't find the post now) and have been meaning to pop in to Primark and get it for a while. It's a really dark navy blue, isn't to short and has sleeves which makes it the perfect dress for work. It was only £13 which is great for a dress now, can't get a nice one for under £30 anywhere on the High Street anymore.


IMG_0529

Dress: Primark
Shoes:Clarks boots c/o Spartoo
Necklace: Vivienne Westwood
Lipstick: MAC Russian Red

russian red mac lipstick

I've been reading Mitfords: Letters Between Six Sisters and I thought the dress, pearls and lipstick were very 40s era Mitford. Hopefully I'm more Nancy Mitford that Nazi supporting Diana and Unity though... I'm totally enthralled by the sisters lives and how they  were always on the edge of history and sometimes actively involved. They were related to everyone from Winston Churchill to Walter Mosley, with family friends including Hitler, Evelyn Waugh and Maya Angelou. I may start speaking in a clipped English accent...

I'm off to Manchester tomorrow with my best friend for three days to see Maximo Park, drink cocktails and take in the sights so see you all on Thursday!

P.S. If you're a fan of Dr Who watch this video, I've played it about 50 times this weekend

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. you look lovely! this dress is so elegant, definitely wouldn't have pegged it as being from primark. ahh i wish i was seeing maximo park! they came on mtv rocks earlier and my obsession with them came flooding back. me & my friend once stalked paul around the vip area at reading lol. have a fab time! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha love it! I'm a total band stalker too ;) xx

      Delete
  2. This dress looks so pretty :) Iv never seen it before !

    Beautiful Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dress! It's exactly my style so I am going to get to Primark and snap it up (if it's still in there!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress, so very sophisticated! Don't start speaking in a clipped English accent, your Welsh accent is too fabulous to be lost! Have an amazing time in Manchester :)

    Lauren
    alittlelessoflauren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is gorgeous on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this dress! Enjoy Manchester =) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gem you look absolutely gorgeous! Completely rocking that red lipstick my friend!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) its a nightmare to get off though!

      Delete
  8. I love this dress! I feel a trip to primark coming on ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get yourself to Selfridges in Manchester and Trof in the NQ. Have fun.

    Sheree x

    p.s- gorge dress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I've read about Trof in a Manchester guide, there is an open mic night and cocktails there so I'm sold x

      Delete
  10. I'll do graffitiiii if you sing to me in freeenchh! Oh god I'm so jealous of you, the last time I saw Maximo Park was in Birmingham back when the Academy was the good old Carling Academy. You've made me want to dance around the flat to them now...
    Photo's wise you look gorgeous, I wouldn't have looked at that dress and thought Primark, and the price is such a bargain. Completely know what you mean about high street prices now, even the plainest of dresses from Topshop are over £40 nowadays.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't bloody wait! going to wear my hat in honour of Paul xx

      Delete
  11. MAC's Russian Red is perfect on you & the dress is to die for. Thank you so much for the video - It's currently on repeat. I'm a bit obsessed.

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look lovely in this! I picked it up too, it really is lovely for £13! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw this dress at the weekend and was debating whether to get it, now i've seen how lovely it looks on I think i'll have to pay Primark another visit :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dress is really nice! Have a fab time in Manchester too. You're making me want to read some of the Mitfords - might have to pick a book up in work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bargain dress... It looks great. I need to do a Primark shop soon :)
    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy crap, you look skinny! Loving this dress on you, Gem. Super cute!


    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this dress is gorgeous and Amy is right, you are looking very slim!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You. Look. Incredible. Lol at the Dr Who vid too, love it when musicals combine with tv :D ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.