'There's more to life than books, you know. But not much more.'

By Gem - 14:58:00

As many of you know, I work in a library. This week I got a chance to meet lots of other lovely people who work in libraries across Wales and a little further. I'm a member of CILIP (Chartered Institute of
Library and Information Professionals) and the Welsh branch had a conference this week in a posh hotel in Cardiff. Huw Lewis who is Minister for Housing, Regeneration and Heritage was there and a few of my colleagues were talking at the event. The theme was leadership and I thoroughly enjoyed the day. It's really nice to speak to people who work in other libraries and it really made me think about where I want to be in a few years time.

I thought I had better make a special effort for the occasion so I wore some colour (usually wear black to work) and dusted off my smart satchel ready for the conference. One of my all time fave blogging ladies Sarah gave me this wonderful dress when we met up for Ldn Lunch a couple of months ago. This dress along with some other gorgeous ones are all to big for Sarah now but fit me perfectly. Nobody tells you that weight loss is expensive, all my money is going on new clothes so Sarah's donations were very welcome.


topshop lace dress

Dress: Topshop (via Sarah)
Cardigan: H&M
Shoes: New Look
Necklace: Dorothy Perkins

topshop orange lace dress

I don't usually go for matching make up, usually stick to pinks but I bought some orange YSL lipstick and matching gloss when I was in New Zealand a couple of years ago and I never wear it. Wearing and orangey peach dress was a great excuse to dig it out. Going to try and wear this more often. I have about 30 lipsticks and I vow not to buy anymore until I have used one up.

ysl orange lipstick, lancome artliner


YSL make up, lipstick, orange lipstick
Do you get to go to any fun events with work? Can you guess where the title of the post is from?

I'm off to see The Horrors tonight and I will be wearing all black which is my usual gig attire, can't wait!

p.s. there is a Zaggora Viva HotPants giveaway running on my other blog Where Are My Knees

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Wow you're looking sooo much slimmer, well done you! Lovely dress too.
    thelifeofemily-alice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dress Gem, looking smoking. Peach really suits brunette's I find. Can't wait to see you soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful in that dress. Well done on losing weight. I would love to see a post on how you have achieved this.

    :)

    laceyloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress looks so pretty :) The peach colour really suits you!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! Can't believe the Horrors are still on the go, I can remember when I was and indie kid and they first came out with all the uproar about how they looked! Enjoy the gig!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that dress and the lipstick! (: Your hair looks really nice in these photos, I'm jealous of how smooth and sleek it looks, mine has an awful tendency to just frizz up as soon as I'm outside (: xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the colour of that dress, looking good xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look lovely Gemma, the dress is so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great and the peachy lip really suits you. Hope you have a great night at the Horrors. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty dress, the lipstick is a lovely shade too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking gorgeous Gem! I've really come round to orange colours now, so lovely for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this outfit, the dress and cardigan go together so well!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look fab! The dress and makeup look so lovely together xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous dress, I love the print and colour so much! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look lovely! I LOVE that lipstick shade too, I want one in that colour!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so good!

    We do very little in the way of fun things at work, we have our away day next month and I have organised for the department to play cricket as our team building exercise in the afternoon. I'm stupidly excited for that part of the day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.