Orphan's Arms

By Gem - 15:01:00

I wore trousers in a post a couple of weeks ago which was a shocker but now I've gone further and bought some shorts!! These were only £5 in Primark and I've bought them in a few colours. I did have to get a size 20 but then Primark is notorious for weird sizing. I've worn them to work with a nice jumper and on the weekend.
I think I look more my own age when I wear things like this, I'm not much older than the students who come in the library where I work but don't feel like I should be wearing smart office wear like some other people I work with. I'm in wardrobe limbo, don't really know what is appropriate any more.

SANY5487

T shirt - The Orphan's Arms
Shorts - Primark
Shoes - Low top trainers, Converse c/o Spartoo

I have been lusting after this t shirt for aaages, I wrote about it in my Reading festival post and I'm always looking on The Orphan's Arms website.I thought £35 was a little steep for a t shirt so I held off from buying it. They also stock this brand on ASOS and I took advantage of the 20% off festival style and added another 10% off code that I got from unidays so it went down to a much more reasonable £23.

asos orphan's arms denim shorts


I got a size 14 and I was surprised at how big it was, I don't like tight t shirts but if you do you might want to size down with this brand. The t shirts are hand printed in the UK and the motifs reference literature and history. I love anything history(studied it at uni) and book related so the brand is a big hit with me.

SANY5479


I've also been wanting a pair of these shoes for a while, they need to be a little grubby though so I will be jumping in some puddles and scuffing them up a little.

converse

P.S. got lots of lovely size 12-22 things on eBay

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. Love the t shirt, haven't hear of The Orphan's Arms before, I will have to check them out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such a fab brand, Could buy loads of their stuff if I wasn't so skint.

      Delete
  2. Or heard...excuse my poorly typed English!

    ReplyDelete
  3. scruffy converse are the best. mine loo so good now they are worn in. love the classic style. nice xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fab! I love scruffy converse too :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're looking amazing! You've inspired me to be brave and try on some shorts xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look stunning Gem! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so cute and you can tell how much weight you've lost, look at you, skinny thing. In my opinion, nothing beats a good pair of converse.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes! totally loving the orphan's arms right now. i think they're printed on american apparel tees which is why the sizing is a bit odd but i love how comfy their pieces are xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. saw your post and I thought 'I'm getting it!' I would only regret it when they sell out. Such a soft tshirt xx

      Delete
  9. You look great. I love shorts and tights I think it mak be my go to outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, they are so easy to wear and it gives me a chance to wear all my old band tshirts again :)

      Delete
  10. Your figure is lovely miss! Those primark shorts do my head in, I remember trying on a 20 when I was definitely a 16 and they still wouldn't do up...when I was still a 20 I would've had no hope, wouldn't have eve gone round my arm.

    I totally get what you mean about dressing your age, I always feel weird when I see 13 year olds wearing like identical to me. :(

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. was in work in the week and had a stripy t shirt on, skirt, converse and a bun in my hair. Student came to the counter, looked EXACTLY the same haha xx

      Delete
  11. Great outfit, it's really cool. The top is amazing too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute converse, your so lucky to live in Cardiff, it's an awesome city for shopping! Have started following you, would love you to follow me back, much love x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this outfit, I had never heard of The Orphans Arms before but I will definitely be checking them out!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. your outfit is so simple yet so cute! i love your shirt!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've had those converse days when all you want to do it scuff them up a little, so they don't look quite as bright! This outfit is fab and so different to your usual look Gem, I think it really suits you and those shorts really do look lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.