Call me a safe bet, I'm betting I'm not

By Gem - 15:39:00

I thought I looked pretty good when I stepped out wearing this to work in the week but then I realised I looked like I did when I was 16 and should probably listen to some Brand New an fully embrace it. It's been so hard to know what to wear this week, I have to wear tights or something long because my job can be quite physical and nobody wants to catch a sneaky peak of my underwear. I'm wearing my new favourite item of clothing again which is my Orphan's Arms t-shirt, not stopped wearing it!

We have just plastered the hallway and will clean up all the lovely old tiles soon, will have to another house renovation update post soon. My room is practically finished!

SANY5550


SANY5553

T-shirt: Orphan's Arms via ASOS
Skirt: Primark
Shoes: flat shoes, TUK c/o Spartoo
Scarf: charity shop
Belt: New Look
Bracelet: giveaway prize from Danielle


I really wanted a dipped hem skirt, I loved the one from River Island but I'm a bit skint before pay day so I opted for the £7 one from Primark instead. They come up a little big so it might be worth down sizing if you are going to get one.

What have you been wearing in the sun this week?

P.S. I've been using my tumblr more recently which you can find here and there is a giveaway on my other blog Where Are My Knees.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. Really love this, especially the skirt!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit, you look so cute :) and you are looking slimmer by the post, well done Gem!!

    Allaboutthegirlblog.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eyeing up the Orphan's Arms vests/tees so tempting!!! ahhh I feel the same, nothing wrong with that though haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so soft and great quality, I lvoe knowing that it was hand printed x

      Delete
  4. You look gorgeous!I love Brand New! I too dress like a 16 year old (at 27) but dont care! God, I dont know how you manage tights in this weather! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been bare legged but with longer skirts for the rest of the week, soooo hot!
      Also listening to Brand New Loads and TBS. Re-living my teenage days.

      Delete
  5. i love the shoes! and i bought the skirt too in my own size being a 20 and I could of easily sized down i should of really hoping it may shrink abit when i finally wash it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are huuuuge! put a belt over mine so it didn't slip off.

      Delete
  6. Gem, you look fantastic!!
    This outfit is so nice, I really love the tshirt! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I think you look great! I hope you told all those English boys you met about the American boy back in the states though

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The American boy you used to date, Who would do anything you say! xx

      Delete
  8. Those shoes have to be my favourite things ever! And I've only just met them ;) You look tres cute I love the outfit - especially the red hair tie <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES for dressing like you did when you were a teenager! :D I do that ALL THE TIME, and then I always get IDed haha. I'll never stop wearing my connies (that still have Maximo Park lyrics written on the side from when I was fifteen). Love the bow in your hair too Gem! Hope you're enjoying the sunshine! ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad PS YES to LFW too (I appreciate I'm using lots of capitals in this comment but SUNSHINE MAKES ME SO HAPPY)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUNSHIIIIIIINE!(said with a Manc accent like a Gallagher) I LOVE Maximo Park I am not an acrobat, I cannot perform these tricks for yoooou.
      I wear converse to work and look like the students but I'm not I'M OLD :( waaaah. I'm deffo up for LFW creeping about xx

      Delete
  10. I love the old Brand New albums! The anchor detail on the shoes is really sweet :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay! I have that skirt too :) I wish they did it in like a 6 though, I wanted it to be way tighter than the 10 I opted for ( and no 8's) that's primark for you ay!

    Your weight loss is looking absolutely fabbo! you've shrunk since I saw you at Ldnlunch! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look absolutely gorgeous, I love this outfit on you! But then, I permanently dress like a 16 year old (AND I love Brand New) so it's right up my street, haha. I have this Primark skirt too! X

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great. It made me smile when you said "I loved the one from River Island but I'm a bit skint before pay day so I opted for the £7 one from Primark instead" because that was me this weekend! I celebrated finishing the 100 day challenge with a good old primark trip x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've practically disappeared bb, you look amazing! & it's always a good idea to listen to Brand New ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.