Love's Sweet Exile

By Gem - 18:30:00

Thank the lord it is pay day! January has been a very long month and I've done loads of sales shopping and booked loads of trips away, skint is an understatement. Rail tickets are so expensive. I will be going to Manchester for the Easter weekend, I had the best time ever when I went there a couple of years ago so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm thinking of popping to a few galleries and museums and of course a big night at a club that plays loads of The Smiths and Stone Roses. Got any Manchester recommendations for me?

Anyway, here are some of my sales buys-


Wore this dress to work

Dress, Shoes, Cardigan: New Look
Belt: Dorothy Perkins



Wore this to meet up with friends for lunch and to see War Horse
Dress & shoes: New Look
Bag: Charity shop
Belt: Dorothy Perkins


I ended up buying the lace dress from this post in the ASOS sale for about £20 and I wore it out this Saturday. I would love to think I looked very chic but I had way too much sambuca to be lady like. Good night out though ;) I got the Revlon lipstick that Lily mentioned, I love my Topshop Brighton Rock lipstick but it is so bright. This is a great shade and isn't too harsh, well worth £2.99.

How was your January and what exciting things have you got planned for Feb? I will be heading to Plus London Two on Saturday, any of you going?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. Love the 2nd dress, the colour looks great on you :) Totally with you on being glad it's pay day!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red dress, the colour is lush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think I have that new look dress too! Does it have a pink lining? I need to wear it more I think, looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think I commented on one of your posts the other day saying that I had worn a very 'you' outfit and this is the one I was on about. Red, black and blue :)

      Delete
  4. omg all those dresses from new look, wow i gotta get in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know just how you felt, January is the longest month ever!! I didn't seem to do that much but booked quite a few things for coming months.....exciting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so tiny in these pics Gem, I can't wait to see you!! So bloody proud of you... remember my little challenge too & let me know the second you get there xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaaaw thank you :) I put 1lb on today Sarah!! no more sambuca for me xxx

      Delete
  7. Absolutely love your dresses! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gem you always have such pretty dresses! Very jel!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these dresses, fabulous lengths. You're completely right january was such a long long looooong month lol. Roll on February. Hope you have fun when you go !

    Dp
    X

    Www.inanityandthegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both of these outfits!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking lovely as always, I especially love the red dress and black bag in the second picture! I wish I knew of a club that played a lot of 'The Smiths' and 'The Stone Roses', I can never find such places! Perhaps I'm looking hard enough *shrugs*. My January was okay, I'm hoping my February will be insanely satisfying since my boyfriend and I are taking a road trip to Florida! Yay for sambuca nights!

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Got to love payday! I got paid today but I'm going to belgium this weekend so need to keep my purse closed! Love the dresses - particularly the red one.
    glittersequinsandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that red dress, so pretty. The Revlon lipstick is such a nice colour and really suits you, might have to order some for myself!
    My Saturday night involved way too much sambuca too haha, I'd like to think I started out the evening looking classy but I definitely didn't by the end!

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. 42nd street and Venue play The Smiths and the Stone Roses. I wouldn't say loads but they definitely play them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that place, I went there last time! Think I might go back and try and find a nice Manc man ;) x

      Delete
  15. I love both dresses! Especially the red one, it's so gorgeous on you. The patent bag is so lovely too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my I could not wait for this months pay day! I love your outfits and especially the charity shop bag xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the bag in the last post, yay for charity shop bags!
    Is war horse good? I've heard very good things, and I'm considering seeing it :)

    franky @ snippets-scribbles.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really beautiful outfit! This colour looks so great on you and the bag goes perfectly!!

    Hailes<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.