You Love Us

By Gem - 20:28:00

Urgh first week back at work, awful isn't it? I've been turning up to work with hair all over my face and soaked right through because of the awful weather but I started a new role this week which is rather exciting. I now get to deal with some health inter-library loans, give more IT support to the students and much more. Really enjoying trying new things and more responsibility but I'm not going to miss working on Saturdays!



I wore this outfit while shopping on Monday, it is a little different to what I normally wear, bit more casual. Can you guess what the t shirt is all about?


It's the title of one of my favourite Manics songs and I got it off eBay ages ago for a tenner. The skirt was also a bargain from Primark, it only cost £8. The skirt is so long though, I had to pull it up really high and it still comes below my knees.

These boots are another eBay bargain, I love them so much! They are the only shoes with heels on that I have been able to walk in for years. I wore them out all night on Christmas eve and New years eve and didn't complain once.
These are some of the items I picked up on my shopping trip earlier in the week-


I have seen a lot of good reviews on both of these products, they were both so cheap I thought they were well worth a try. The lipstick cost £1 in Superdrug and is a lovely peachy/pink colour, it doesn't have the best staying power but I can't complain for the price. The concealer was about £4, it is thick, quite dry and provides just enough coverage. I will be buying this product again, it is so much cheaper than my usual MAC concealer! This is what the products look like on-


Last night I was lucky enough to be invited to the Bafta Cymru Preview of Sherlock, "The Hounds of Baskerville" plus a Q&A with  the writers and co-creators Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss, producer Sue Vertue and the man himself, BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH. My friend Emma is a member and she invited me along and her +1.
 
Moffat also writes Dr Who and Gatiss was in The League of Gentlemen, I love both of those shows so I was incredibly excited to attend the event. Of course I am also massively in love with Sherlock and its star Benedict Cumberbatch. Emma and I acted like complete fan girls and chatted to both Moffat and Gatiss (although I did get a little shy)

The episode we saw was amazing, don't want to ruin it for anyone who will watch it this weekend but just going to say you will love it.


On the way out of the screening Emma and I nabbed Benedict for a photo and he was very charming and polite. We probably scared him, I nearly fainted when he touched my arm and I had to have a glass of wine after to calm down. I want to apologise to anyone who follows me on twitter because I wouldn't shut up about it last night and today.


(swoon)
Thank you for taking me Emma! BFF's!

How have you settled back in to work after having time off over Christmas?
Will you be watching Sherlock this weekend?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

32 comments

  1. I love old school Manics! I have a very old Motorcycle Emptiness tshirt and I love it!

    Great post. Love Sherlock! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The manics rule !! as do the phonics ;-) I love the skirt . I nearly bought the same in new look for a rediculous pricce of £18 maybe i could get the largest one in primarni , is it stretchy material ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going back to work is rubbish....it's actually made me ill, I must be alergic ha
    Loving this outfit, I've never seen you wear anything like it before but you look fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very Manic outfit, especially with Richey's beloved leopard print!

    My boyfriend is a massive Manic's fan, he owns every single record they have EVER had, even the rares! He's a tad mad about them.

    We are both fans of the League of Gentlemen too! You lucky lucky girl! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your casual chic look, you’ve made me want to team together a t-shirt and skirt now. Yay for Benedict, you lucky girl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look totally gorgeous I love the top and skirt thats like my perfect outfit. However i've got to admit........I've no i'd who the manics are, i'm so uncool. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about the weather.. It's a nightmare!! I love your boots, I've been eyeing up the allegra's in Topshop but cannot justify spending that much on a pair I may not wear much.. Ebay seems a better option. your's are awesome.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Benedict! You are so so lucky! I love him!

    Dp
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am still struggling to settle back into work. I love the Manics too although haven't listened to them for years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks ladies

    @Daisyisarobot- would love to get my hands on an old tour tshirt. Need to go on ebay again!

    @Joanna- just replied to you on twitter.

    @Danielle Rose- You have to check them out!! they are from my hometown:) One of the best bands ever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've had my eye on boots like these on ebay for a while now I think you've just sold me on them! hehe. Love the outfit!

    xoxo

    www.smokingpeaches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. AAAAAH! So excited that you met Benedict! Sherlock is one of my favourite programmes. Lovely outfit too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely LOVE this outfit! The skirt is awesome!

    The Deer Head

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I find him really creepy. Urgh. Sorry. Love the skirt though, that sounds like a fifties pin up length, but if it's not your bag, fair enough! I have been off work, not back til Monday, upon which I will have a SUPER grump on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to see another manics fan, saw them live a few years ago it was my dream come true :)

    glittersequinsandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww I didn't know you were a Manics fan, lots of my friends were teenage obsessees and we were listening to that song on NYE! You look really nice in it, esp with the leopard print :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Lauren D- Have to be a manics fan if you are from Blackwood, it's in my blood :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this blog!

    Am so jealous you met Benedict, he is flippin gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your wee bargains! Love the Manic's shirt :)
    Also, extremley jealous of you getting the preview of Sherlock and meeting him.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you had a great time :)

    That outfit looks amazing on you, you look even slimmer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE THIS OUTFIT! You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like you had a great time! I love the leopard print skirt in the first picture and what a great price! Total yay for finding heels to function in, I very rarely find heels I actually want to walk in.

    You look lovely!

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are looking great lady! I really want to try that lipstick now, what a bargain! xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  24. So totally loving the outfit, but loving Benedict Cumberbatch even more....so jealous that you got to meet him and see the new ep early!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gem you're wasting away! You look amazing!
    Love the leopard print skirt, may have to hunt it down in Primark at that price!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie :) it was a total bargain and I love it x

      Delete
  26. I AMSO JEALOUS RIGHT NOW!!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your outfit! Plus the 2000 concealer is really good, I recommend it, definitely a good buy :)
    Loving your blog,I'm now following

    http://snippets-scribbles.blogspot.com
    franky xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Haha Gem my best friend would be SO JEALOUS of these photos, she's a huge Cumberbatch fan! And those shoes Gem, they're gorgeous! Have you started planning your outfit for LDNLunch yet? I already have (shh) even though it's two months away haha! ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire, he was dreamy!!
      I just went into Debenhams and I love everything in the H! Henry Holland range so I think I willbe getting the navy and coral polka dot dress from there for ldnlunch. I'm excited even though it is 2 months away ;)
      xx

      Delete
  29. You look lovely bb & I love those boots! I'm not a fan of Sherlock (it's not that I dislike it, just never seen it!) but I love Benedict's voice, swoon indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.