Sunny Sunday

By Gem - 14:10:00

This week has been so much more relaxed than last week! No concerts or awards, just some days off and working in the library. I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow, want to try something new but will end up just having a trim, anyone else do that? I'm seeing Los Campesinos! on Wednesday and I'm not doing much else, it will be nice to have a week of calm before the mad exam period starts in the uni and before Christmas.

This is what I wore to work today, a little less formal than usual because it's the weekend-


Dress: New Look
Cardigan: H&M
Belt: Peacocks
Headscarf: Peacocks
Brooch: Accessorize
Boots: New Look



Make up:
MAC blush- Pink Swoon
MAC Cremesheen Glass- Just Superb
Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Coverage Foundation

All this make up is pretty new, got the MAC things at my makeup consultation before my friends wedding. They are really wearable colours and even though I'm not a huge lip gloss fan I really like the cremesheen, loads of colour and doesn't dry out. I am in love with my new foundation that I bought in the week. I have seen so many bloggers rave about it so I thought I would give it a go as soon as my old foundation ran out. I went for the maximum coverage because I have a lot of scarring on my face, it covers so well and lasts all day. LOVE IT! It has quite a dry texture and is a little darker than I normally wear but it blends well.
What products have you tried recently?


Doesn't Newbridge look lovely today? Took this snap as I was catching the train to work this morning. It usually has a very bleak ex-mining town vibe but it was pretty in the sun today.


Having to work on Sunday is pants so I packed an extra tasty lunch which is pretty high in points on the Weight Watcher plan but it is good to have a little of what you fancy. You can see how I'm doing on the plan, find great recipes and inspirational posts over on Where Are My Knees?


How are you spending your Sunday? Jealous of everyone who is having a roast and watching TV!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. Love that cardi! I'm spending my Sunday afternoon watching old Alfred Hitchcock films!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the outfit Gem, cardi is so pretty! I always just have a trim I am not brave at all!! Haha. Can't wait to see you soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this outfit, the cardi and brooch are fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cardigan :) And YAY for Los Campesinos!!

    I'm spending my sunday having a walk by the canal, cleaning the kitchen, baking apple cupcakes and catching up on X Factor and Glee! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard amazing things about the Estee Lauder foundation, I must get round to buying some. Lovely pictures :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a lovely day in your neck of the woods. That cardi is cute, i want x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cardigan, the heart print is so cute and it's a great colour on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your food looks so yummy its actually making my mouth water. I love the dress and cardigan, and the bow in the hair is so cute :) X x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair looks really pretty Gem.
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that cardigan! You are looking so slim & lovely Gem, really radiant! I love los campesinos! too, must order their new album asap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bow!! Wait till you see my new hair! I will be posting outfits on Tuesday I hope so you can see it then. Not a style change exactly but different!! lol!

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home
    The Penthouse Clan

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look adorable in this outfit and your cardigan is just awesome!

    Hope you start the week with a big smile! ;D

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg, look at you in that dress. You look stunning! I really love that cardigan too, I love bright blues.

    I haven't tried any new products in forever. The only thing I've ever tried from MAC was a lipgloss, I know I really need to try more of their products.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look absolutely gorgeous, I love the headscarf you have on too :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all stunning. Are you a big los camp fan? They're AMAZING live. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks ladies!
    @Helen and Jazzy E- I bloody Love them, they were all in the year above me in Cardiff Uni so I got to see them play in the students union and when they supporetd Broken Social Scene :)

    @Helen your comment made me blush, noone has said that before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look super cute in your outfit! I especially love the bow ^_^ x

    ReplyDelete
  18. um hello skinny! You look gorgeous bb, I want your hair please.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your outfit - especially the cardigan, such a pretty shade of blue xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore your hair bow. It's so cute, and completely finishes an outfit off.x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website just before but soon after searching via many of the article I recognized it is new to me. Anyways, I’m surely pleased I discovered it and I’ll be book-marking and checking back again often!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.