Games Night - Do they have a beard?

By Gem - 19:35:00

It's been another really busy week for me, I've been working until 9.30 most days and even went to a conference on my day off. The conference was about using social media to promote libraries so it was rather interesting. I got some great news on Tuesday, I got the job I applied for which means I will be working in the day at a higher grade rather than in the evenings and weekends on a lower grade. Hopefully this will mean more time for outfit posts, going to blogger events at weekends and most importantly, more time to hang out with my friends!

Despite the past two weeks being hectic I have had the past two Thursdays off and this is what I've been up to-
GAMES NIGHT!

 

I went to my friend Sarah's house (top left) and five of us managed to polish off a tin of roses and loads of mini sausage rolls, I feel sick thinking about it now! I had a total blast playing Dreamphone, Guess Who and Jenga and catching up with the girls over a cuppa. We need to make games night a regular thing. I'm going back to Sarah's tomorrow (to eat all of her food again) and have a quiet DVD night in and then I've got a gig on Sunday night so no rest for the wicked this weekend.

I spent all of my day off yesterday cooking for the week and putting portions of food in the freezer. I spend waaay to much on lunch for work and end up popping in M&S a few times a week so I'm trying to save money and eat less salty, processed food. I made a carrot and ginger soup, feta butternut squash and spinach lasagne and a beef stew.

I've already put the carrot and ginger soup recipe on Where Are My Knees?  and the other two will go up on there next week. All super healthy and filling foods, perfect winter warmers.

What do you like to do on your day off? Go wild at the weekends and hit the shops? or are you more of a home girl like me and stay in?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Dream Phone currently resides in my loft, I have a lot of love for that game Gem. Darn those boys breaking our hearts! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh I used to love dream phone, me and my sister always hoped we'd get a certain guy we fancied haha games night sounds ace xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the job Gem!
    Games night sounds like such a fun idea, I will have to have a hunt round the charity shops for some old school board games and organise something similar with my friends.
    The carrot and ginger soup sounds delicious. I love making big batches of soup and putting them in the freezer, it's great for when you want something tasty but can't be bothered to cook!

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roses candy?! Wow, my Dad dated a woman from Coventry for about 5 years when I was younger and when they went to England they would always bring back these small barrel sized container of filled chocolates (coffee, orange, rose for example, if I recall correctly). I've tried finding them ever since then, I remember they were "Rose" or something brand and perhaps these are it? I loved those chocolates.

    I loved 'Dream Phone' as well, the phone that came with my Dream Phone was like a brick ala Zack Morris. I always liked Guess Who as well.

    The food you made all looks so scrumptious, I especially am drawn to that spinach lasagna, total yum!

    I use to go wild on the weekends and I love to go shopping but I also like to stay in. Really depends on my mood I guess.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your job! That sounds great :) I remember playing dream phone 'he looks good, whatever he wears...but he's not wearing GREEN' oh those were the days...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dream Phone. Oh my I think I've just died of 90's nostalgia! Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the job hun. I'm proper hel of you playing dreamphone :]. if i could get to bristol i would stay over with you lot but its just too far away i'm afraid even coaches that take 5 hours cost too much :[ you heard about the Manc meet? I'm guessing thats too far for you but it would be great to meet you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have such fond memories of Dream Phone! Congrats on the job too my lovely!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooohmygod, i used to love Guess Who lol. Roger is such a stud!

    The carrot soup looks beaut, a real winter warmer. And congrats on the job too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the job! :) Ahh wow your games night looks really fun, I remember the tv ads for dream phone, I always wanted it! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the new job lovely!

    Dream phone is the best game ever. Game night sounds like a good idea to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new job! I love games night! One of the best ways to spend your time :)

    //Niina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dream Phone and Guess Who!! That takes me back, I used to love both of those games!

    Congratulations on the job :) Yay for free evenings and weekends!

    I'm too much of a party girl, need to start staying in and saving money! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. DREAM PHONE!! 'I know who it is, but I'm not telling...'

    Just seeing that picture has mentally transported me back to the sleepovers of my pre-teen years! Love it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg - Dream Phone, SO JEALOUS!! I love a good games night. :D Congrats on the job sweets. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.