Summer Style - New Look kimono

By Gem - 10:44:00

 Kimono:c/o  New Look - Dress: ASOS (old) - Backpack: MoonyMood

Lots of people are doing 'Festival Style' posts but I'm not heading to any this Summer *sob* I'll miss you Bestival, but that's not going to stop me from taking inspiration and working festival-like essentials into a weekend friendly look.

My New Look kimono was the perfect lightweight cover up for a walk on a warm summer evening. The walk was a fairly gentle climb uphill but the walkway was shady so this was the perfect top to stay cool but not get chilly on the way back down. I've already got more outfits planned with this beautiful kimono, it's going to look great over bright pastel hues for a chic contrast and perfect for nights out with a black dress and some heels.


If you're wondering where these photos were taken it's Cwm Carn Forest drive. Cwmcarn Forest drive is only a five minute drive from my mums house and I spent a lot of time there as a teenager. You can camp there, fish, use the mountain bike trails and have a BBQ. Martyn took me and Sookie up for a walk and there are stunning seven miles of Forest Drive.This area used to be mined and it has been transformed. It is difficult to imagine that some of the surrounding hillsides were slag heaps with hardly a tree to be seen. The Forestry Commission started to plant trees here in 1922. Today Cwmcarn Forest in the Nantcarn valley is a haven for people and wildlife.


Look at my baby, so beautiful! I know I'm mad but I miss her so much now that I'm not living at home. She loved the drive and comes here often with my brother.



Martyn was looking very handsome in his new top and Vans. You can see a close up of his Jawbreaker tattoo here. Sookie loves Martyn and wont let him have a minutes peace, always wanting him to throw a ball for her or fuss over her.


I hope you're all enjoying your summer and exploring the great outdoors. What are your summer wardrobe essentials?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. I do enjoy a kimono but I'm 100% done with summer style. I like the sunshine and longer days but I desperately miss my tights, knitwear and desert boots! Give me a skater dress and a chunky cardigan over summer clothes any day... xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like a skater dress and tights, practically my uniform but love this kimono because it's black but summery at the same time. The British summer is probably already over so you;re in luck ;) x

      Delete
  2. Love that kimono! I'm loving them at the moment. Sookie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sookie is such a babe! As are you in this pretty kimono!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo's! Your kimono is so pretty - I love the fringing on it! Sookie is such a cutie! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fringing really makes it stand out from all the other high st kimonos I think, lovely detail x

      Delete
  5. YAY SUMMER! Sookie photos are my favourite, closely followed by you ;) ♥ Claire at Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't think I was that into the kimono trend, but actually now that I've seen you in this, I'm all like YEAH, I THINK I WANT ONE YOU KNOW?! Wonder if Runkle would sit like Sookie?!.... HA! Sookie is a little lovely thing... I want to squish that NOSE! And you look mighty fine too Miss Gem x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R&S need a meet up ;) Sookie is very squishable indeed. xx

      Delete
  7. Such a pretty kimono, looks like you had a fab day too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look lovely! I'm loving kimonos right now - I can't get enough!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gemma you look gorgeous! I love the kimono 😊 and I can imagine how much you miss Sookie - even with Harper here now I still miss Ruby tons! It's hard to be away from our fur babies 😉 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and Sookie - partners in crime. You look so happy Gem - seeing snippets on FB, and here, you and Martyn are so well suited. Still awaiting the wedding pics (I know right :( but I'm sure they will be worth the wait).
    p.s You did always have a thing for Kimono's, I remember the ones you spied in Primark in Blackpool last year!

    Speak soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to send you a letter! Will sit down on my days off this week. Can't wait to see the photos :) xxx

      Delete
  11. Such a lovely outfit- can't beat a good kimono! Lovely snaps too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely lovely post, you look beautiful and so does Sookie! <3

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this kimono! New Look is definitely one of my go-to stores when I need something to wear. You look great :) Plus, Sookie is super adorable! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely kimono. I've still not fallen into this trend yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.