Wish Want Wear

By Gem - 21:29:00

I was recently asked by Wish Want Wear if I would like to trial their designer dress hire
service and after taking a quick look at the dresses on offer on their site I was looking forward to giving designer dress hire a go. I had never tried this service before and the idea had never crossed my mind. Hiring a dress, madness!
I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to find anything to fit as I'm a UK size 16 but they stock sizes 6-18. With labels like Alice Temperley, Halston Heritage and Badgley Mischka there is plenty of choice to help you look glam for a party or wedding or even just dress up for a night out with friends. You get sent two sizes in the post so you will end up with something that fits and if you are struggling to choose a style or are worrying about the fit you can speak to one of their online stylists who can give you some advice.

You don't need to worry too much about spills as all dresses are dry cleaned upon return and all you need to do is pop the dress into a prepaid envelope un-ironed and post it back to them. You get to keep your outfit for 4 or 8 days, paying a charge based on the value of the dress and the length of time you need it for.


IMG_1694



Dress: All Dressed Up c/o Wish Want Wear
Bag: Select
Necklace: Topshop
Boots: Bullboxer c/o Spartoo Shoes
Jacket: Topshop

IMG_1699

AAAAAARGH my legs are on display

I wore the dress on a night out with friends and after an initial worry about being too dressed up I forgot all about it and felt thoroughly glamorous. It was nice knowing that nobody else would be wearing the same dress as me that night and I felt a little Sara Luxe in this all black ensemble. I did swoosh the skirt around a lot and try and pull off a pouty, moody goth look but that lasted all of ten minutes after a couple of drinks and plenty of dancing.I really enjoyed the experience of hiring a dress and I'm considering hiring a Chanel bag for a wedding next year. If I had a Chanel bag for the weekend I would be stroking it like a nutter and frolicking around with it...

Would you consider hiring a dress?




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Oooh I really like this dress - think it looks amazing! I am however a huge fan of black and always thinks it looks really chic. I would hire a dress and in fact it's a really good idea, I might do that for the next wedding I go to.

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you gorgeous girly! Gem you look stunning!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress on you, you do look very glam indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hello there! ;) You look bloody gorgeous here Gem, jawdropping...

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thanks Maria, loved wearing this dress xx

      Delete
  5. You look AMAZING. This dress looks so good on you. I love how you styled it with the biker dress. Hiring a dress does sound like a good idea, there's always a worry that you'll spot another girl in your primark mini! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the dresses were amazing on there but not really my style, likes how I could make this one a bit more me and put my personality on to it :)

      Delete
  6. I love this idea! I've got a silly amount of weddings this year, this might be a way to find outfits for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh this is such a good idea....and you can hire chanel handbag you say?......eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rock chick look, really suits you! And the hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, and your hair looks beautiful! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. eee i have this bag too! your hair is so lovely and shiny :) Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh - hiring a dress? Genius!!! The Chanel bag idea is even more genius, too Something about a good leather bag gets me in a total fit! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.