Festival Fashion

By Gem - 10:31:00

Festival fashion doesn't have to mean wellies and denim hotpants. When did this hotpants thing at festivals start anyway? We live in the UK, you need a jumper and tights!! Glastonbury is only a month away and this got me thinking about the start of festival season.  This years line up is a very British affair with The Rolling Stones, Mumford & Sons and Arctic Monkeys set to take the stage. With this in mind I've gone for a bit of an equestrian/traditionally British look for Glasto. The riding boots make a nice change from wellies and cost less than a pair of Hunter wellies and you can wear them all year round. I invested in a Barbour coat for festivals last year and it has been one of my wisest investments. When the heavens opened at Reading last year I stayed dry and when the sun went in at night at Bestival the jacket gave me just enough warmth.
glastonbury festival fashion



Mark Todd Boots:equestrian clearance  - Jacket: John Lewis- Jeans: ASOS  - Shirt: boohoo.com


The Benicassim Festival is much more than just a music festival; over 100 acts perform over 4 days - over 4 stages, with 8 days free camping.You can laze on the beach sipping cocktails by day, and as the sun sets you can enjoy music by night. Benicassim is near Valencia, on the beautiful coastline of Spain which has much more appeal than a soggy field in the UK somewhere... You definitely need a hat when the sun it beating down on you all day and ditch the wellies in favour of some short boots. Sandals might seem like a good idea but someone is bound to step on your toes in the croud, ouch! I'm pretty jealous of anyone going this year as both the Arctic Monkeys and Miles Kane are playing, my faves.

benicassim festival fashion

Boots: Spartoo - Hat: Topshop - Dress: H&M - Sunglasses: New Look

Also remember that style isn't the most important thing at a festival, you're going to have a few too many drinks cover yourself in glitter and run through the crowd like a loon... or is that just me?

542268_982754721737_1510514994_n

Me and Harri at Reading festival last year.

Are you heading off to any festivals this year? I've already got my tickets for Bestival but I'm hoping to go to a few more.




*collaborative post

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Some day I´ll go to Glasto... This year I´d go to Portugal or Benicassim to see Queens of the Stone Age. I only went once to Benicassim, and that was the year of the fire, the hurricane and Oasis (gladly). But it was a living hell, so so hot !! Maybe I´d change those cute booties for some flats or sandals, but anyway your outfits are very lovely ^^

    XX http://miramodernonosoybethditto.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well worth it for Oasis! I saw their last ever performance at V Festival :)

      Delete
  2. I'm off to Glastonbury - or Pilton as we locals call it :-)

    I'll be working in Pilton village doing stewarding and in return, I get a free festival ticket. Hoping to see Mumford and Sons, Portishead and The Infinite Monkey Cage (over in the Theatre & Circus area) but it'll depend on when I'm working.

    Fingers crossed that this year is a sunny one and no wellies are needed! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh Portishead, would love to see them. Miles Kane is worth checking out, he really gives it all in a live performance x

      Delete
  3. that denim dress from H&M is so pretttty!
    Haha, I went to a small festivel last year and wore skinny jeans, a couple of hours into the day I think everyone else wished they did too! haha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah I really wish I was off to a festival this year!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year my be my first for 8 years when I haven't been to a festival :-( I'm hoping to fit in a little one somewhere xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks. Your title indicates a lady I guess so many thanks Miss/Misses

    My web page; six pack shortcuts training program

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. haha thanks, we had quite a lot of rum by that point ;) x

      Delete
  8. Really loving both your outfits for the festivals. I've never been to a festival, but i'd definitely be wearing one of these outfits if i was to go! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those boots are amazing and I am always so envious of your Barbour, think I am going to have to save for one!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's well worth it because hopefully it will last me 20+ years if I keep it waxed. They have some good sales too and look out for 20% events off in places like John Lewis because they sell them there too xx

      Delete
    2. also if you have an outlet store near you they are good as do samples for cheaper prices!

      Delete
  10. Superb picks of designer clothes and designer footwear.. Loved it! xoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so jealous wish I was going to a festival this year. I love Barbour jackets, I worked for them for 5 years so can deffo confirm how amazing they are!! People would bring in their "grandparents" coats from 20 years ago to be rewaxed. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! Especially that jacket in first pic and sunglasses for women in second pic.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those Mark Todd boots are lush, certainly a nicer and classier option than crummy plastic wellies! This year I'm staying small-scale, heading down to Swansea for Gwyl Pili Pala in a few weeks. It's all Welsh indie bands and rock acts in local venues. Mid-may, so I think I'll be going for skinny jeans, brogues, print blouses and a fedora ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.