Nadolig Llawen

By Gem - 19:51:00

I hope you guys all had a very merry Christmas. I'm currently on the sofa feeling a bit sick and have been in my pjs for most of the day. I could get used to this! It's been a fairly quiet Christmas for me, I don't have a big family so spent yesterday at home watching all my favourite films with a box of chocolates in my lap. I was spoilt rotten even though I asked people not to get me presents this year. I posted some photos from the day and my very special present over on instagram (fatfrocks).

It's tradition for me and my school friends to go out on Christmas eve to our local pub and get rather merry. This year was a little more subdued than normal but I still had a great time and loved getting dressed up and see people who I don't get much chance to hang out with. Seeing all my school friends definitely makes me feel very immature when lots of them are settled down and do very sensible things. Although I do feel very lucky not to have a mortgage and be able to do fun things.

My Christmas eve outfit (tad over dressed for the pub):

IMG_0868

Dress: ASOS
Shoes: Daisy Street
Necklace: Dorothy Perkins
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington

statement necklace

I picked up this necklace in the Dorothy Perkins sale for £6 and I've already worn it loads, such a good impulse buy. Have you seen any good accessories sales? I'm looking to get a few statement necklaces.

impress nails

My favourite false nails by imPress

sookie christmas

We don't have any children in the family so we totally spoil Sookie rotten and shower her with presents and gifts at Christmas. Look at her in that little jacket, so adorable! We wrap all her presents and let her open them, we are a bit insane...

Off to watch Dr Who for the 5th time now, see you later in the week for some 'Best of 2012' type posts.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I used to love Xmas eve catch up boozy evenings. Then pals started moving away and having babies and whatnot and eventually it stopped happening. Sadness. Enjoy Dr Who!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a feeling this year might be the last :( everyone is settling down now except for me boohoo

      Delete
  2. I don't know why your blog is called Fat Frocks...there's nothing on you! Please have a look at my blog. I'd love to do your nails if you're ever in Manchester again! http://angelfashion87.blogspot.co.uk/

    Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Gem you look amazing, hope you had a wonderful Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress, you look amazing! Happy Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you were welsh too! Shw mae, Hannah ydw i, sut wyt ti?
    Yes, my Welsh knowledge is clearly very advanced :p xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only know Welsh words that are on signs like 'no smoking' and 'automatic doors' haha xx

      Delete
  6. That dress looks fantastic on you. Merry Christmas! Glad you had a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that dress looks amazing on you! So gorgeous Gem. Glad you had a fab Christmas, Sookie looks adorable there.

    p.s Thank you for the lovely gifts xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No probs, hoped you would apreciate the teddy :) xx

      Delete
  8. Great dress and love your nail varnish colour!

    Merry Christmas

    Sal x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adore this outfit! And Sookie looks so cute :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love that dress!
    Glad you had a good Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Sookie!!
    Your dress is amazing too!
    Hope you had a lovely day xx
    http://charli-dot-dot-dot.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/christmas-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look gorgeous as ever (I may have to steal that necklace!) and Sookie looks SO cute!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been looking for a necklace like that for ages, it's stunning! you look amazing. Sookie is sooo cute, I tried putting a christmas hat on my cat Bonnie, she wasn't having any of it she was loving the wrapping paper though. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.