Help!!

By Gem - 17:52:00

Right ladies, I need your help!

I have lots of events and nights out coming up soon and I'm not feeling inspired by Spring/Summer fashion at all. I have no idea what to wear and want to try some new things. (not trousers though, not going that far) My weight has changed a lot since this time last year and I'm not 100% sure what suits me anymore.

I need an outfit for Plus London Two and a few gigs. 

Plus London Two is tricky because I will be travelling for two hours to London, eating out and going to an evening event/fashion show in the night. I need something comfortable, dressy but not too dressy for 8am travel and I need a material that wont crease.


Here is one London option-


A huge bag for the day is a must, I will need my railcard, brolly, make up bag etc This Miss Selfridge bag
is a bit of a departure for me, all my bags are black or brown.
The dress is lovely and looks like the type of material that doesn't crease. Would love to try something more spring like and in sorbet colours but can't fin anything, got any suggestions? Same again for the pumps
most of mine are black or brown. Seriously stuck in a style rut!

The gigs are events were I can try new things and be a bit more casual. I feel like I dress a little older than I actually am and I want to try something a but wild/fun.I was thinking of something along these lines -


The shoes are just classic keds, I only ever wear boring black pumps so these might be a good variation?
The skirt is a bargain from New Look, similar to the one in my last outfit post but shorter, and the jacket is from Whisltes and costs about £300!! I want a really nice jacket., possibly studded but can't find a nice one anywhere. Having a total nightmare like when I couldn't find navy blue shoes in the summer for a wedding and had half of twitter looking for me...
I have no idea what top to wear, I always wear dresses and the thought of having to put separate items together scares me.

Basically, I'm a little lost and need help. What would you suggest for these occasions?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. From experience you really don't want to wear anything fancy for gigs [well the kinda gigs I use to go to anyway] the shoes are a good idea, especially in a dark colour - the skirt i'm not too sure, i've always stuck with jeans and wouldn't wear a skirt for a gig [but that just might be me].

    Love your choice for the London outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, I've not worn jeans since I was 17!! maybe it is time to try a pair on :)

      Delete
    2. wow really? Ah I live in them too much! They are my fail safes. Sadly.

      Delete
  2. I cant help as im having the same dilemma over what to wear to meet Gok Wan ! same with plus london what to blooming wear !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been a dress girl myself if you're comfier in a dress I'd say stick with that but maybe go more fitted then you would have done. I do love the skirt though, perfect for a gig with a band tee!
    I've been looking for a leather jacket I just can't afford these prices, I'm hoping I'll find a second hand one instead xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that spotty dress. The red shoes are just too adorable!
    Much Love
    Roisin Elizabeth
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. The top dress and shoes would be absolutely amazing together I'd definitely do that. In all honest opinion I'm not sure on the bag :S Sorry.
    I wouldn't dress to fancy for gigs, everything always gets covered in sweat and its dark, so I wouldn't go too fancy.
    Sorry I'm not much help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, dark top is good because beer always goes spilling everywhere x

      Delete
  6. I love these options, the dress is gorgeous!
    The OOTD you posted the other day with a t-shirt & blazer would be lovely for a gig, that leopard print skirt would look amazing with that type of outfit xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne, would be ncie to use a skirt I already have and then just get a cheap top. I feel like I'm that odd age now, not a teenager and not an adult. Just don't know how to dress xx

      Delete
  7. Yes, definitely the spotty dress and red shoes! I think the handbag is nice - I normally go for black or purple handbags but it is coming up to spring so the blue handbag would add another seasonal pop of colour to the outfit. A nice black blazer over the dress would be awesome and stylish! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh purple would be a lovely colour to go for!

      Delete
  8. This is the most amazing dress http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-CURVE-Lace-Dress-With-High-Neck/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1796701&SearchQuery=lace%20dress%20curve&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Navy.

    Personally I would wear it for both occasions, with a blazer and smart pumps for day, I got a fantastic one from asda of all places and for the gig a nice leather jacket (I got one from primark, I get a lot of compliments in it too) and some chunky heels like the one from your 'You love us' post. Pair with some chunky gold necklaces and bracelet for the gig and your set!

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That ASOS dress is such a gorgeous colour!! I'm thinking one of those topshop spike necklaces would look good with it because it has a high neck. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. No problem! That necklace would be amazing. Just to let you know if you enter sale10 at the checkout you get 10% off this weekend. I swear I don't work for asos, I just shop, ALOT haha x

      Delete
  9. I love that bag, its a gorgeous colour and nice and big for carrying lots round in! The polka dot dress is really pretty, I think it'd look nice with the leather jacket :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bag is lovely, and I adore the polka dot dress! Whenever I go to gigs (which is rarely these days, but still!) I used to opt for jeans and a dark top, and comfy shoes are a must!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dress is lovely, and if you dress it up with spring colours it would look springy anyway :) BUT, I really like this dress from topshop: http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&categoryId=415741&parent_categoryId=208499&productId=4432044&langId=-1
    A little bit more than the dp one,but it's definitely spring style :) Plus, I think it wll go with the bag and it's not too dressy for evening or morning wear. xx

    franky @ snippets-scribbles.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh lovely! I really like that wholde faded neon collection actually. Lovely and spring like. Thanks for the tips, I need a bit of a style shake up! xx

      Delete
  12. I would opt for something you feel comfortable in, there is nothing worse than wearing something far too away from your usual style.
    If you are feeling brave, def go for bright shoes and accessories and the bag is a must too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd worry about those white trim shoes for the gig sweets, black is a good choice in case they get wrecked? All the gigs I go to my shoes never survive for long! ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely something you're comfortable in :) I love the dress, its adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you've pretty much nailed it with option one, if you wanted a brighter/spring colour boohoo have some pastel-ey polka dot dresses.

    http://www.boohoo.com/new-in/laura-polka-dot-skater-dress/invt/azz69442

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That polka dot dress is lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Buy all of those things!! Except the jacket! New Look usually do good leather jackets? The shoes are so cute and flats are definitely a good idea! Now that I've heard so many people stressing about what to wear to plus london 2 I am starting to as well! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.