Oscars and Madchester

By Gem - 12:37:00

I've been pretty uninspired the past couple of weeks. Plus size fashion at the Oscars was as dull as usual and all the plus size stars were sporting a similar royal blue colour. Precious star and best actress nominee Gabourey Sidibe had to fend off designers clamoring to dress her. A whole host of big name designers came knocking, and in the end, Marchesa won out. (Rather odd considering the brand is known for dressing slim stars like Anne Hathaway and Miley Cyrus). It’s good to know that designers are not put off by the idea of their designs being on bigger women.
Here is a little selection of plus size fashion at the Oscars-




Best dressed of the evening was  Kristen Stewart who not only managed to crack a smile but also rocked something very glam on the red carpet instead of her usual uncomfortable and messy look.

I went to Manchester on the weekend, armed with my camera and I was going to capture some plus size street style but to my suprise there were no plus size fatshionistas to be seen anywhere, I didn't really even see any non plus size girls dressed exceptionally well. It has to be said that the guys of Manchester were the better dressed sex. It was all about the Fred Perry t shirt and well groomed barnetts.



Brothers with a very manc sense of style-
And finally here are some bargains I picked up on my trip
I bought the boots in a discount shoe shop in the Arndale Centre( but you can also get them from here http://www.chockersshoes.co.uk/)  and the bag was a £4 bargain buy from British Heart Foundation charity shop.
Gem x

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.