When I say I'm in love, you best believe I'm in love, L-U-V

By Gem - 18:10:00

I had such a lovely day yesterday. The weather was perfect for a stroll so I headed to Newport to do shopping and walk around the lovely Belle Vue park. It was the first time in ages I've been able to go out without a huge coat and scarf. I even got to wear my sunglasses (£2.99 in New Look, bargain) because it was so bright, such a gorgeous Spring day.

IMG_1858

Dress: Topshop
Boots: New Look
Jacket: George, Asda
Sunglasses
: New Look
Bag: Vivienne Westwood (part bought with credit c/o Spartoo)

IMG_1860

IMG_1864

It was Record Store Day yesterday and a great band called Paper Aeroplanes were playing in my local record store to celebrate it so I headed down and couldn't resist making a few purchases. The Suede record is new release especially for record Store day and has a new song on it called Barriers and their classic song Animal Nitrate. I also picked up a record by my favourite girl band the Shangri Las, they were so sassy. I buy a lot of records all year round, not just on record strore day. I think it's really important to pay for your music. Music is that artists life, their job and love. It takes them time, money and effort to record it and it's only fair that you compensate them for it. Bit preachy...

records, suede, tea

Diverse Records in Newport is also where they filmed my all time favourite episode of Dr Who, Blink. Not sure why you would ever pass through Newport (bit grim) but if you are you really should pop into this shop. I also had time for a spot of tea with a friend on her lunch break and spent about an hour in Waterstones chatting to the staff and getting some book recommendations. The perfect Saturday.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. love your boots! the zip on the outside makes my inner shoe lover shiver!

    also, yes. you're the first person, that i've noticed, talk about record store day, it's so important to keep buying physical music :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would feel so bad if I downloaded music, especially by a new band. It really is theft, also it's so much nicer to have something physical. I know someone who lost all their music when their computer broke and I would be devestated .

      Delete
  2. really want to get into buying records but i dont have the equipment to play them. love the bag as well by the way...nice xxxx also i cant do june meet up. the bf's birthday weekend and would be mean to leave him ha!

    am thinking of doing a brighton one nearer the end of august/september? would you be interested. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh yeah sounds good, at Bestival in early Sept though xx

      Delete
  3. Gem, you look beautiful. I adore your denim jacket and the bag is so you, I bet you are so pleased with it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thanks Alice :) used my bag every day since I got it xxx

      Delete
  4. Pretty dress :) And I love the denim jacket too. Roll on more sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jacket was only £4 in the sale, got so much wear out of it x

      Delete
  5. Lovely outfit, that VW bag is a dream!
    xxx
    Nina from little nomad

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely Gem, your hair looks fab.
    We had our wedding photos done at Belle Vue Park :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaw did you? Its so nice there and they are having a big renovation x

      Delete
  7. You look amazing, love the dress and jacket- you're too cool for me <3

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely sounds like a lovely Saturday, we had sun on Saturday but I was stuck inside all day at a Training Course and then yesterday was rainy :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boooo, I've got a feeling that we will have a nice sunny week though so hopefully you will see more sun this week x

      Delete
  9. Oooh the Suede record looks good! I had no motivation to get up ridiculously early for this, Rough Trade gets mad! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suede man <3 I love the record shops on my road they are all like £1! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair looks so glam! And I love those boots :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair looks so glam! And I love those boots :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this post, sounds like the perfect Saturday and you look lovely!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. THAT BAGGGG!! haha, so in love with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a lovely outfit and your hair looks amazing!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect Sunday indeed, I wish we could have had a mooch around a vinyl shop together! Email me your bank details and I'll transfer money over right away <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  17. You smile shows that you are in Love.. Lovely outfit.. Great picks of latest fashion clothes.. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.