Next Homeware Event

By Gem - 12:03:00

Last week I attended a rather fabulous event hosted by Next where I got to take a look at their new Summer collections. We were guided around their huge store in Leckwith, Cardiff and were talked through all the trends in homeware this season. The collection was split into five main themes:

Good Life
, Scandinavian inspired with a  palette of soft yellow, ochre and putty shades with 50s inspired furniture and nature motifs and crochet.
Blossom and Bloom
, contained hand painted organic prints taken straight from the catwalk and translated into beautiful watercolour designs for bedding, wallpapers and cushions. Lots of raspberry and turquoise tones were featured
Boat House Salvage was a modern twist on the nautical theme including porthole mirrors, rope lanterns and vintage style clocks. Grey, blue and red were dominant in this collection.
San Diego felt quite homely and used lots of reds and burnt orange and featured a mix of natural wicker and luxe sequins.
Elegant Twist was certainly my favourite trend with plenty of greys and lilacs it fitted in with my tastes perfectly. There were architectural prints with a Parisian flavour and was a mix of modern and old at the same time.

I loved how the store recreated rooms so you could see how the items would work in your own home and a lot of the items were very reasonably priced. You could completely change a look of a room with £100 to spend in Next. Paint a feature wall, add couple of cushions, a lamp and voila!

SAM_6235

SAM_6232

SAM_6229

Homeware photos were taken by the lovely Rosie

Later in the afternoon we headed down to the St David's hotel in Cardiff Bay to watch the first Next TV advert dedicated solely to homeware. If you've seen the new add can you guess who the song is by? We had a fantastic view and I really enjoyed chatting to all the lovely South Wales based bloggers that attended.

IMG_1717

All watching the advert starring an adorable Scrambles the dog.

IMG_1727

IMG_1734

IMG_1740

Cake and a manicure, Next you really did spoil us!

I was a tad windswept and had come straight to the event from work but managed to get a quick outfit snap out on the balcony.

IMG_1747

Dress: Vero Moda
Ladies Boots: Blink c/o Spartoo Shoes
Jacket: Topshop
Bag: Vivienne Westwood c/o Spartoo

I was allowed to pick a few things from the new collection to take home with me which I will feature in a post about my home later in the week. My house renovation has made great progress now so I can't wait to share the photos with you.
Are you a Next homeware fan?



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. I adore Next homeware! I really would love to deck out my whole house with their stuff if I could! And a lovely cake and a manicure in the same day? Now that is a great way to spend a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant Twist sounds right up my street! You look lovely, especially after work, I always look like a cavewoman!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Next! Find a lot of the furniture a bit expensive but you cant go wrong for 'finishing touches' type stuff! Going to Next or even Ikea always makes me want to decorate!

    Look forward to your house post, love seeing decorating type posts and where people live! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next always have done the best homeware. I'm going to hit up the summer sale to get some bargains! Looks like it was great fun!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I love your photos :) It was a great day I though and it's made me more aware of what a great home ware selection Next has. So many things I want. I still may need to go back and get that Eiffel tower :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your partner will come to understand that a wire eiffel tower is 100% essential ;) xx

      Delete
  6. Love the homeware range, can't wait to see what you chose! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a great event, I'll definitely be checking out Next soon for some more homewares! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see your goodies and house update! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the house looks soooo much better, can't wait to share it xx

      Delete
  9. What happened to my hair?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like such a great event, I love next homeware

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fastidious answers in return of this question with real
    arguments and describing everything about that.


    My webpage ... this hyperlink

    ReplyDelete
  12. NEXT homewear is always fab, I can't wait to kit my new flat out with some bits! And I think I spy Vicki from NEXT, she is SUCH a babe! :D <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.