50s

Outfit post - Dolly and Dotty

By Gem - 08:00:00

Dress: c/o Dolly and Dotty - Shoes: Mel (found here) - Cardigan: Primark




Have you heard of Dolly And Dotty? I have to admit that I hadn't until recently because all things relating to the new house and the engagement had held my focus and I tend to stick to the same old brands. Dolly and Dotty stock some really cute and affordable retro style dresses in sizes 6-24. There is so much to chose from on their website with bold tartan prints, polka dots, cherries and florals. With all the options I was a bit bamboozled but I eventually settled on the Hyacinth swing dress. It's got a timeless 50s shape with a really full skirt and a belt which nips you in at the waist to complete the 50s look. 

This dress hung so nicely, it is made of a heavy cotton and is fully lined which makes it feel far more expensive than its £24.99 price tag. I've worn this dress out for a special occasion with a very full net underskirt and I was so huge I could barley get my skirt through the door, perfect for swooshing about and feeling fresh out of Rydell High. Typically I have to size up when ordering from vintage/retro type online retailers as I find them a bit skimpy and clingy but Dolly and Dotty were true to size and the material felt natural and breathable. I've now got my eye on the rather gorgeous Lillian dress because I love this one so much and will be adding it to my collection once I've paid for boring things like electricians and shed for the new house. 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. What a truly gorgeous dress! You look wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of Dolly and Dotty before, but will definitely check this out. looks really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous dress and I think the price is pretty amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? most dresses like this are £50/60+ and not of such a high quality. Love it.

      Delete
  4. i love these photos,and i think that they are art
    http://www.pickedlooks.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these shoes. I would love a pair! I've only recently heard of them but will definitely try them out in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love vintage dresses and this is gorgeous! I personally wouldn't have worn black tights but it still looks really nice and the shoes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet outfit! You look like butter wouldn't melt :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is so gorgeous! That dress is adorable and I'm in love with those Vivienne Westwood style shoes!

    Grace xx

    www.gracebee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely is this! Such a gorgeous outfit for the start of spring too :)

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute dress! That 50s kinda vibe suits you

    ReplyDelete
  11. ADORE this outfit on you! red is SO your colour! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.